lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Need help selecting a lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlott View Post
I know I'll get flamed for this response, but I bought a Buggies Unlimited kit from Ebay. It's a Chinese copy of the Allsports kit, I believe. The hardware is inferior, but the 6" A arm kit was about $230.00 shipped, no tax. The install was straightforward, and the kit included new HD rear leaf springs. I'm pretty pleased with it actually, but I do recommend replacing the hardware. OK, I'm a tightwad. Go ahead, everyone, tear me a new one. Flame suit ON!!!
no thats your choice and as long as you don,t torture it who knows how long it will last......iu would buy a cheaper lift before i would skimp on batteries so i,m not gonna flame ya ya tight arse.................lolol........................ ..
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I installed a 4" all sport a-arm lift and I love it. I have 22" tires. Installed a heavy duty rear leaf spring also and added another couple I inches to the rear lift. Very happy with it.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #13
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'd go for 6" over 4". It is the norm so the price is not that much but you will save in tires I've noticed since they sell a lot more 22" tires. No 6" isn't to high my custom 9 1/2 to me seams just right lol.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #14
purplewg
Gone Wild

My GF and I put a 6" Jakes on her cart last night. It only took little over an hour to do the front but the back, well............. If there had not been two of us I might still be there. Just tight quarters and I probably spent 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to get the rear end up. With all the weight in the back I had to jack on the trailing arms. Got-r-done though. Took a total of 4 hours. I was able to use an impact wrench on the front. Not so much on the rear. It took cart from 17MPH on the GPS to 21MPH. She like that. I told her to wait for the new ALLTRAX 400 amp controller to get here. I have replaced most all the cables with 4ga. Have about three more to do. It's a Yam G22.

Oh, I might add. While the instructions for this cart were ok. They left out a few steps. Like remove the hubs from the old spindles and put on the new spindles. Instructions went from install the new spindles and steering arms to next put the wheels on. lol

Nice kit though.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #15
Owen
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Stock tire size is 18" on 8" wheels. I gained at least an inch on front and a bit more on rear with only HD springs and rear shock change. Still running stock tires, max on this setup would be 21" tires. Just inputting what I know, I dont have to run through much water...
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #16
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

I install these things at work every day I am there. I can tell you from experience that the All Sport A arm lift has a great turning radius. The Jake's Spindle lift turning radius is nowhere near as good. If you go with the All Sport Long Travel, you will lose turning radius as well.

If turning radius is important, go with the All Sport lift. Anybody who can turn a wrench and has good tools can install the kit in a couple of hours. It is a very straight forward install.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car