lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
cjnfiremn
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 club car will not charge

I ckecked voltage 11.2, 3.6, 10.3, and 8.9. They are twelve volt batteries. I plan on ordering new batteries Monday, and plan on replacing cables. Not real sure what to do about the cable that passes through the OBC. I plan on going to 2awg cables the original one look so small and worn and connectors look so cheap I dont know how the cart could have ever gotten its full potential. What do you do about the ends where more than one wire is built into a single connector? Does anyone correct lengths of cables so that I may build my own? the ones between each battery are 23 inches and I have found cables listed at 14". I think more length means more resistance.
cjnfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnfiremn View Post
I ckecked voltage 11.2, 3.6, 10.3, and 8.9. They are twelve volt batteries. I plan on ordering new batteries Monday, and plan on replacing cables. Not real sure what to do about the cable that passes through the OBC. I plan on going to 2awg cables the original one look so small and worn and connectors look so cheap I dont know how the cart could have ever gotten its full potential. What do you do about the ends where more than one wire is built into a single connector? Does anyone correct lengths of cables so that I may build my own? the ones between each battery are 23 inches and I have found cables listed at 14". I think more length means more resistance.
Wait for Scottyb to respond to your needs . . . he will see this, I'm sure . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

wow 3.6 and 8.9 yeah you might want to get a set of batteries thats why charger isn,t coming on.......as for cables you can run seperate cables or wires for the ones that need it and the OBC you,ll need to leave a connection off and when you run it through put the end on but the cablec has to ran thur the OBC not around it.....make sure you put it in tow before you do anything...............scotty sells a nice set of cables and i beleive they have come out with a peice to run thur OBC so you don,t have to cut cable and re-connect........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
cjnfiremn
Getting Wild

Club Car

Shadowman Thanks for your help!!!

I have read the sticky on batteries... I now need to choose which one to go with Trojan or US? The trojan are $40 more per set. I need 4- 12V cor my cart any suggestions?
cjnfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnfiremn View Post
Shadowman Thanks for your help!!!

I have read the sticky on batteries... I now need to choose which one to go with Trojan or US? The trojan are $40 more per set. I need 4- 12V cor my cart any suggestions?
You need 4-12v batteries in a 99 DS? I thought you would need 6-8v batteries for that year . . . never heard of a 99 with 4-12v's . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
You need 4-12v batteries in a 99 DS? I thought you would need 6-8v batteries for that year . . . never heard of a 99 with 4-12v's . . .
yeah thats odd.....someone must have converted it over for some reason ( cost ) anyways compare specs on the two sets and choose from there................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car