lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2003 48 volt CC....installed 6-6volt batteries instead of 6-8 volt

I installed six volt batteries into the cart (with the help of the salesperson at a local automotive store ) had them in for ten minutes or so....tried to charge the cart and realized something was amiss....have the new 8 volts in now and cart still acts funny....a really slow start in forward and reverse....often never getting up to speed...with correct batteries have 51 volts from pack.....anyone know what my ignorance has cost me (meaning what I need to replace)....lesson learned
jcoxsouthernforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 48 volt CC....installed 6-6volt batteries instead of 6-8 volt

Did you have any problem with cart prior to installing new batteries?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, it was pretty much doing the same shutter when taking off and dieing out shortly afterward....replaced the batteries hoping to solve issues.....do you have any ideas......I am at a standstill and my children are driving me crazy wanting daddy to fix it so they can ride.....thanks in advance for any info
Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

I am far from an expert, but it is possible you may have a speed sensor problem . . . let's wait for a real expert to see this thread and offers advice . . .
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure its wired correctly and you don't have a batt in backwards
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I do have the batteries in correctly, I removed one at a time and replaced to ensure they are correct (the only way I could find to eliminate any mistakes on my end)....my cart is a "series"....has a forward and reverse switch that moves from side to side (same speed control as a DS IQ?????) Sorry I am no expert so please deal with my vague descriptions (I am learning as I go)
Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does your cart have a " tow - run " switch under the seat? If so put it in the " tow " position before doing any kind of electrical work on the cart! Too late now maybe, but put it in tow, disconnect the battery + ( the one that goes to the solenoid ), reconnect it, put the switch to " run ", and try the cart again. See if this helps any. If not, again put the switch in tow, remove the same + cable that goes to the solenoid, and check all the motor connections ( clean and tight ), and the connections at the F - R switch. Let us know what you find.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unfortunately mine does not have the run/tow switch under the seat...so far I have cleaned the four connections on the motor and checked all connections on the cart....not sure about the speed sensor (as mentioned in the post earlier)....mine is a 2003 DS but cannot find a speed sensor on it (think it has a multi-step potentiometer......is this the same thing/concept)......this one really has me scratching my head???????
Old 03-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

My guess is that you have a resistor cart, not a controller cart, correct? If so, then there is no speed sensor on the back of the motor . . . do you have a series of coil resistors in the area of the motor (look like big springs) . .? Make sure all connections on the resistor coils are clean and tight . . also look to see that there are no breaks in the coils or that any are touching each other . .
Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Steve, thanks for the info.....I do not have any of the coils like I have seen on other carts....just a motor in the back......I think 2003 CC DS may have been an in between year or something??? Mine does have a small black box under the passengers side floor board attached to the frame (looks like five wires coming from it)....does this info explain anything
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car