lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #21
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: fuel timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast67 View Post
Try vintagegolfcartparts.com. i hope im not out of line here since they arent a sponser but its hard findung parts for older carts. Especially mine since its a 79 gasser.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

NOT out of line at all......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

I found several sites selling them. I just need to wait till Tuesday. To call to see if they have any in stock.

suffolklou - you got any pictures of the electric pump setup? What type of setup do you have? You using a pump and regulator?
I'm hoping that the insulator is all I need. Since it has always ran fine, then all of a sudden it wouldn't. Got it running for about half a day a couple weeks ago, and then it quit running. It would try, but I think that without gas, because this piece was broke allowing vacuum to leak.
CHEESEMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #23
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool. Thanks.

Lou S.
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

All I have is a pump from auto zone. 1-3 psi. I installed it where the mechanical pump would be. (flow wise, not physically) and looped the mechanical pump discharge to its suction. (drained first).

Lou S.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #25
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

So, your sucking through the mechanical pump then?

Ok, I got my cart running tonight!! I gotten lucky the fuel pump insulator on the spare cart wasn't broken. So, I used it. I just put it to some fine sandpaper to eliminate the grooves from the bolts, and o-ring. But I didn't have any gasket material, so I brain stormed. And came up with some engine break in lube, to help seal the parts together, and put some moisture into the gasket on the motor side. I tried to get the fuel pump to suck the gas on it's own, but I ended up sacrificing one of my bbq marinading hypodermic needles to fill the filter before the pump, full of gas, till it was coming out the output. But it still wouldn't shoot gas out of it, till I put my hand over the carb mounting flange while cranking it over. Then the gas shot up a foot. Then I knew I was golden. We will see what the next couple days bring.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #26
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

those pumps do need priming. you have one way, and another way is to take a length of tubing and wrap a rag around it and insert it into the tank.. then blow in to pressurize the tank and crank here over.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #27
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am not sucking thru the mechanical pump. It is out of the fuel system. I only have it there to plug the hole in the crank case. I meant that I loop the mechanical pump discharge to its own suction. Keeps the trash out. Might need it one day.

Lou S.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #28
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

The one thing I noticed, was that the vaccum port is threaded the same as the bolts that bolt the pump down. I put one bolt in to keep stuff from falling in while the pump was off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO