lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Clemsonprecedent
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Connecting 6-8vot Precedent light kit to auxiliary battery

I've been searching on here for days trying to figure out how I can hook my lights on my precedent to an auxiliary 12V battery but I can only find info on how to do it with a 4-12 volt system. I have a 6- 8 volts and the blue wire from the light kit harness is hooked to the neg. post on the 3rd battery from the drivers side. The black wire from the harness goes through a yellow connector and then continues as a black wire behind the aluminum plate in the back of the battery box to the controller I assume, I haven't removed the cover on the controller to check for sure where it goes. So im assuming the blue wire is negative and the black wire is the positive but I dont understand how they can be getting 12 volts with 8 volt batteries? any help will be greatly appreciated.
Clemsonprecedent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Connecting 6-8vot Precedent light kit to auxiliary battery

I have seen precedents with 16 volts(2 batteries) powering the 12 volt lights. They seem to have no problems and I am told they are pretty bright. Not real sure.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Connecting 6-8vot Precedent light kit to auxiliary battery

I have the same set up... 6- 8v batteries. My light kit came with a voltage reducer that everything run through. Its mounted up behind the front tire and goes to the lights.
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car