lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
danielhack
Not Yet Wild

Smile 6 seater rebuild

Hi all I am Rebuilding my golf cart to use a shuttle. I will post pictures as I go through the process. I have never done this before so I would appreciate any suggestions and feedback you have.

The cart is a 2003 Club Car. The first thing we are doing is lifting it. We are planning to buy this kit http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/prod...FQmCQgodvicAKw. Is this a good one or is there a better one out there?

We want to make it go faster and aren't sure exactly how to do it. We want it to go 25 mph. Should we get a new engine or upgrade the current one somehow?

And we are to put in speakers and a new dash. Any suggestions on speakers and dash?

We we will be getting new tires and wheels. After that we plan to paint it, put in a replace the windshield, paint the sides and roof, put black seat covers.

Thanks for any feedback or help. I will make sure to post pictures throughout the process!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart.jpg (187.8 KB, 0 views)
danielhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: 6 seater rebuild

Just so you know, 25 mph is not a safe shuttle, I foresee injuries and lawsuits in your future.

But if you still want to do it we can make it happen.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

25MPH with that lift kit on it is scary. That's a budget kit. Don't cut corners if you're trying to go that fast. Go with an All-Sports A-Arm lift kit and do yourself a favor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

25 mph is not thaaaat fast. I would recommend 2 things: #1 Widen the stance. Buy offset wheels, this will make you much less prone to tip. The wider the better. You can buy black mud flaps to cover tires for rain/mud etc... #2 is I would buy a front disc brake setup. The weight of a shuttle is considerably more that a standard cart, all that weight going 25mph is tough to stop. Invest in brakes and widen her out and of course drive resonsibly and you'll be fine.

noones going to get sued....

oh maybe also get seatbelts for youngsters.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
danielhack
Not Yet Wild

It looks like due to the size I will only be able to get it to go about 22-23 mph. And the GEM LSV goes 25 mph and is used across the country as a shuttle. I have seat belts for all of the passengers to make sure it is safe. I am going with the Jakes 6" Carryall Spindle Lift w Factory Front Mech. Brakes and the Series Speed & Torque Kit for Club Car. And plan to take every precaution to prevent the possibility of being sued. I have spoken with a lawyer about it.
danielhack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kit, rebuild, tires and wheels
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car