lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 07 precedent

Hello everyone I'm a new member from Australia love the info on here,
I have purchased a 07 precedent for golf and it has had the controller,batteries,OBC and solenoid stolen so a new start for my project, parts are expensive here in Oz so should I change from 12v to 8v system? I want more speed but not looking to drag , just a zippy fun pimped up cart for the course, any advice would be welcome cheers Paul
Hornsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

Default Re: 07 precedent

Get motor from EMP, Plum Quick, 400 to 500 amp controller HD solenoid and 2awg cable set and you will be well on your way...
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornsta View Post
Hello everyone I'm a new member from Australia love the info on here,
I have purchased a 07 precedent for golf and it has had the controller,batteries,OBC and solenoid stolen so a new start for my project, parts are expensive here in Oz so should I change from 12v to 8v system? I want more speed but not looking to drag , just a zippy fun pimped up cart for the course, any advice would be welcome cheers Paul
Now is a good time to convet to 8's, you have two choices, get a kit, or convert the bat bucket(instructions at top of stickies). Then like the srg. says, but there are a lot of motor choices out there.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVetSgtAdkins View Post
Get motor from EMP, Plum Quick, 400 to 500 amp controller HD solenoid and 2awg cable set and you will be well on your way...
Thanks guys, I have been thinking the 8v system was the way to go, waiting on some quotes re. The controller and solenoid, but I need to stick with the standard OBC don't I to keep the charger happening?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

If you leave your bats 12 volts you would keep the OBC that you have. If you change the bats to 8volts then changing the OBC is up for debate. You can read up on converting to 8's and the OBC issue toward top of stickies.

For me, I converted to 8's and kept the original OBC and it seems to be working fine. Others will insist that the OBC should be replaced with the updated model designed for 8 volt bats.

But if it were me and if I decided the original OBC was not working properly, I would instead bypass the OBC and get a new DLP charger. I just do not like CC's design with the OBC, I think the computer should be in the charger.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

I agree Speedchaser..I plan on upgrading to the 6 8 volt batteries when my current pack needs replacing..I will do the conversion of my current battery bucket instead of buying a $400 kit from Club car..Hopefully it will work out for me..Also as Speedchaser stated there is tons of motor options I just listed a couple I have experience with EMP as I just installed a custom motor that they built for me and they have great customer service
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Paint job complete wheels fitted, now to get the electronics sorted, just thought I would show some progress, coming along nice from the standard club car green.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (583.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

Looking good
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Cart looks good!
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

What electronics do you plan on installing?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car