lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
jcp3rd
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question 07 DS Lifted

I have an 07 Lifted DS, Rear seat with a 6 inch jakes lift and 23x10-14 tires and rims, I have an issue with the rear tires rubbing the inner fender wells when turning. Has anyone else had this issue and how do or did you correct it? This is my first cart so I am a rookie at this so any suggestions would really help. Thanks
jcp3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
jcp3rd
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 07 DS Lifted

Anyone have any suggestions? I did do some research but i am thinking someone here would have a better suggestion?

There are wheel spacers that I saw are they worth while?
Also read that if the shocks are bad it will cause the cart to lean more into turns there by flexing into the tire causing a rub?

thanks for the input
Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 DS Lifted

Can you post some pics of the clearance you have between the tire and fender?? If your leafs are sagging, that may be part of the problem. If it is only when it you 'swerve' then I can show you a simple way to take some of that lean out when the body rolls.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
jcp3rd
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi, I will have to get some Pictures of the underneath, however the leaf springs don't seem to sag (have arch in them)and like you said it is when I swerve or turn the tire rubs the inside fender well. It seems to be on the drivers side rear tire which is why i thought maybe the shocks? It is lifted and has a rear seat. Here are a coupl pictures i do have...Thanks for the input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07ClubCar3.jpg (193.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 07clubcar6.jpg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 07Clubcar5.jpg (162.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-1 View Post
Can you post some pics of the clearance you have between the tire and fender?? If your leafs are sagging, that may be part of the problem. If it is only when it you 'swerve' then I can show you a simple way to take some of that lean out when the body rolls.

What did you come up with to stop the body roll?
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
What did you come up with to stop the body roll?
I have run a flat bar (.25 thick x 2 inch wide) between the lift blocks (side to side) on the rear axle before to help with sway. Cut it to length, weld it to the lift blocks and that's it. It WILL affect articulation, but not suspension movement up and down.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

I assume it is rubbing on the inner body? That would be allot of roll to rub on the outer fender. If it is inner body, I would look toward sway bar to control the rolling on sharp turns or spacers to allow for the roll without rubbing.

My five cents without climbing under to check clearance...
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-1 View Post
I have run a flat bar (.25 thick x 2 inch wide) between the lift blocks (side to side) on the rear axle before to help with sway. Cut it to length, weld it to the lift blocks and that's it. It WILL affect articulation, but not suspension movement up and down.
hmmm , i like it.Maybe some heims through bolted through the blocks to still allow articulation?
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
hmmm , i like it.Maybe some heims through bolted through the blocks to still allow articulation?
Heims are going to allow for articulation and possibly still allow the rubbing. An anit-rollbar (swaybar) does just that, limit articulation-to an extent. You could bend up a sway bar with heims and bushings if you wanted to create an actual swaybar, but it might be cheaper to go either HD rear springs or have those arched a little more.

EDIT: After looking at the pics again (first off, nice cart-love that color) I am with Oconnerb. With that much distance between the tire and fender, I have to think that it is rubbing on the inner fender somewhere.

Last edited by monkey-1; 12-28-2012 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: *
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
jcp3rd
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the suggestions Monkey1 and Oconnorb, the Sway control sounds like a great idea, however I think even with that I would probably still flex enough to rub (Yes it is the inner fender well the gap in between tire is pictured) Oconnorb you mentioned spacers these would be the wheel spacers I see on the Jakes web site? I tried to avoid these because i like the look of the tires inside the fenders without the fender flares, however i think it's the correct thing to do. Do you guys think the 1 inch or 2 inch? and do you think I should do all 4 wheels or just the 2 rear? I definately have enough fender space to move out. (Monkey1 thanks for the compliment on the cart, the color is Candy Apple Red and really shows the metal flake in the sun)

Hey thanks again for your opinions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clubcar9.jpg (58.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Clubcar8.jpg (82.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Clubcar7.jpg (300.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car