lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What can I expect?

The D377 Should spin above 4000rpm on 48v.I put one in a customer's cart a couple of years ago with a 400 amp Alltrax control and 200a HD solenoid. It went about 18mph on stock 18" tires. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank you. Not understanding the correlation between the different type controllers, I am guessing that my having a controller(1204/410) that can handle about 225 amps would have little to do with the actually speed? My goal is to bring the speed up to the average local carts in the area of The Villages. I am tired of the other carts coming up on my rear and riding my bumper until I allow them to pass. The cart seems to get some distance on it, but it starts out fast and quickly settles down to a slow speed. I will most likely replace the motor, once I know for sure that it is not the controller that might be the problem. Everything on this cart seems to be clean and the contacts do not have any build up on them. They look clean. Under the body appears to be clean. I believe it has been kept in the garage, by appearances of it. I've run it several miles and still managed to return home with it.

Thanks again for the information. I've been spending a lot of time on here, reading up on these things. I have never dealt with a golf cart before, and fine them very interesting. Most of my recreation time has been riding my Harley motorcycles.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
fabricatorjay
Getting Wild

Club Car

I bet your batts are shot,you should be able to cruise around for a while before it slows down,load testing them is about the only way to know.
fabricatorjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I was thinking the same thing about the batteries. However, I have driven several miles on them. I can drive to the golf course, drive 18 holes and then return home without a problem The only problem I seem to be having is with speed. It starts fast, and then slows down to a steady pace. I still haven't taken it out with a GPS to find out what it is doing, but I do know that other carts catch up to me and then pass me, when I have it floored. And those other carts are stock, driven by seniors. I charged it yesterday and checked the voltage today, and it showed close to 51 volts. It seems that someone else from the forum had similar experiences with theirs and they seemed to think it was the controller. This one has a Curtis 225 amp. I wonder if it might be going bad?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just an update. Using a GPS, I clocked the CC DS at 19mph on level ground. I have also driven it about 11-13 miles without the analogue gauge moving into the green area. It does move into the green or on the line, when I take off, up a hill, etc. Then it settles into the white "chg" area. I seem to get some distance on the batteries, so apparently the batteries are in pretty good shape?

I installed a replacement Curtis controller, also a 1204/410 but one that was advertised as being upgraded to 400amp. Yesterday, my wife and I took it out for a GPS test and it clocked at 19mph on level ground, also moving up to 20mph at one point. It drops down quiet a bit when the ground is not level or I have to climb an incline. So, I have noticed no difference by changing controllers. I checked the wiring and it was not even warm after riding it for a while. I do have 4gauge battery cables to install.

Since this cart is reputed to have a top speed of about 14mph stock, I am going to assume that the D377 motor in it is giving me a bit more speed. Everything is so clean, I can not tell if someone had replaced the solenoid. The holding nuts on it seem shiny. This cart has always been garage kept.

To keep up with those that are constantly passing me, I would like to get this thing to speed up to about 22mph. Anything faster than that, might get me citation here. And 22mph is a nice cruising speed on these nice cart paths. I have been kicking around the idea of upgrading to a bandit motor, but am not sure if it will give me that much of an improvement over what I am currently getting. As soon as I install some rear shackles, I have some off set 8inch wheels with 22inch tires that I am going to put on it. I am thinking that I might pick up a mph of speed on the straights.. It may slow me down a bit going up hills, but that is OK. I am thinking that I may still have weak batteries. Is it possible to get long distance on weak batteries, but not top speed? I know that the batteries have not been kept charged up, prior to my taking possession of the cart.

Thanks again for your patience with another newbie. Great forum!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car