lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #11
Hambone83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club cart DS 89

will post what happen after a recharge to night to see if the batterys just drain down on their own with out running it
Hambone83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . if in fact the battery's polarity is/was reversed, the battery is junk . . . a battery can not reverse it's polarity on it's own, without some type of external stimulus . . . at some point it was in a discharged state and someone attempted to charge it back up, accidentally connecting the charger's leads backwards on the battery . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Resistor carts usually overheat and fail when you lift them. That could have caused the melted post.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #14
Hambone83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok batterys charged up great I have found that when I move the forward& reverse it has a good spark could the motor have a short in it or is plus when I put it in forward it pull on the batterys???
Old 04-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #15
Hambone83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

To Steve that is what I thought but Interstate battery Guys told my that if you have a dead battery and charge it with the red & black reversed in will do that well I have drain them down charge them with the cart charger and the batterys are strorger then ever Interstate battery watch is 5 mile from my house they check everything for free plus best price on new Batterys some how there is a shortI just have to fine it because it will drain them down then 2 if them ( the 2 were the ground is hook up down to motor) will reverse
Old 04-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #16
Hambone83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will say alot of people said lifting it would cause over heat but it isn't the lift it putting 22in or bigger tires on it so I have 8in rims with 20's as long as you run it wide open and it's been fine for a year the post was my bad kept putting for the nut tighting off plesae help
Old 04-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #17
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone83 View Post
Ok batterys charged up great I have found that when I move the forward& reverse it has a good spark could the motor have a short in it or is plus when I put it in forward it pull on the batterys???
Starting solenoid is shot or both starting micro switches are bad
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:43 PM   #18
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone83 View Post
To Steve that is what I thought but Interstate battery Guys told my that if you have a dead battery and charge it with the red & black reversed in will do that well I have drain them down charge them with the cart charger and the batterys are strorger then ever Interstate battery watch is 5 mile from my house they check everything for free plus best price on new Batterys some how there is a shortI just have to fine it because it will drain them down then 2 if them ( the 2 were the ground is hook up down to motor) will reverse
. , ! ? Please insert the correct punctuation!
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #19
fleagt
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Resistor carts usually overheat and fail when you lift them. That could have caused the melted post.
My 86 CC DS is lifted and running 23's No problems yet, other than I need new batteries.
fleagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #20
Hambone83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car