lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: F/R differences

Does it look like the picture in the stickies #11 that I posted?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
slammer55616
Not Yet Wild

Ya, I think so...one wire from the controller went to the F/R switch (side terminal, I believe) the other wires, I just followed the old ones. Four off the motor... 1 went to the positive battery, two had smaller ends and screwed into the F/R and one was bolted onto the F/R. I think I did it right. I just followed one wire at a time and matched lengths. Will it do any damage if I didn't? Im not real good at reading schematics but it appears that the old wires were original as they were color coded and matched the schematic you posted. I guess the proof will be in the pudding when I put the new batts in and try to charge them.. thanks everyone for all the help. It truly is appreciated.
slammer55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #13
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
It appears to me that the new switch is the wrong one. The new switch you have is for a 36v Club Car DS with resistor coils. The old switch is the correct one for a 48v CC DS
Good and bad.

The good news: using an older, 36v switch is sort of a "poor man's" HD switch for the 48v carts. The button contacts are larger, better materials. Does require some modifications to make it work (I had to make buss bars for mine).

The bad news: from that photo it LOOKS like that's one of the crappy Nivel copies of the real Club Car 36v switch. The photos aren't good enough to be sure. The Nivel 693 switch I bought from a site sponsor was junk.

Here's a link to the problems I had with the Nivel, and the correct part number for the OEM Club Car 36v switch:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...8v-cart-2.html

Michael
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #14
slammer55616
Not Yet Wild

I bought it from Scotty B and he has a pretty darn good reputation here. Im thinking I did it right, time will tell......
Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #15
slammer55616
Not Yet Wild

Well, I put the batts in, ran my cables and hooked up the charger. It pegged at 15 right away. Now its just a waiting game until full charge to see if I hooked up the F/R switch properly.

Once I know that this is working properly, Im going to replace the idiot light with a digital I bought from Scotty B. I can cut the carbon fiber dash with a dremel but my main question is, can I use the wire from the key and the other wire and just hook them up or do I need to run special wires?

thanks, when I have it all done, I'll post some pics. This is my first ever golf cart so I hope I did things right...
Old 04-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer55616 View Post
Well, I put the batts in, ran my cables and hooked up the charger. It pegged at 15 right away. Now its just a waiting game until full charge to see if I hooked up the F/R switch properly.

Once I know that this is working properly, Im going to replace the idiot light with a digital I bought from Scotty B. I can cut the carbon fiber dash with a dremel but my main question is, can I use the wire from the key and the other wire and just hook them up or do I need to run special wires?

thanks, when I have it all done, I'll post some pics. This is my first ever golf cart so I hope I did things right...
careful with the dermal ! i practiced with plastic a few times before my first meter install
i'd ask scottyb about install of his meter in your model/year cart .. i hook the meter through the key switch when possible so it turns on with the key
Old 04-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

STOP

You will have to add my meter not replace the OBC idiot light with it - the idiot light must stay in place.-
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #18
crash test dummy

wow i missed that

here is diagram i made for another member
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 950348vmeter.jpg (122.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
wow i missed that

here is diagram i made for another member
I have mine wired that way, meter is off when the cart is off.
I will add one thing, the negative should go to the B- on the other side of the OBC hole so that the OBC reads the power drain. I know the meter drain is minuscule, but might as well...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #20
slammer55616
Not Yet Wild

Got a little hair in the butter.... batts charged up fine..backed it out of the garage...fine....shifted to F and it wont move...reverse? fine..forward? nothing.

What could I have done wrong? I think I read somewhere that the two posts on the F/R switch needed to be tied together. Is that so? If so, I didn't do that and how do I tied them together?

thanks...kind of sucks driving around backwards....:)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car