lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
lipa40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Angry 2003 club cart electric

I have a 2003 club cart that I am redoing my way I have motor from pq, disc brake, wires that I made of welding wires new solenoid and controller with heavy duty fr. My ? Is the new controller is not like the old one and I have run all the wires already do I need a dc converter to run the light and etc... Don't have a obc can I use the charger as a obc. Thanks
lipa40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 club cart electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipa40 View Post
I have a 2003 club cart that I am redoing my way I have motor from pq, disc brake, wires that I made of welding wires new solenoid and controller with heavy duty fr. My ? Is the new controller is not like the old one and I have run all the wires already do I need a dc converter to run the light and etc... Don't have a obc can I use the charger as a obc. Thanks
. . . you don't "need" a dc converter, but it is highly recommended (or an additional battery just for the 12v accessories) . . . the CC charger is not an "OBC" in and of itself, but needs the cart's OBC to function . . . if you do not have/removed your cart's OBC, you then need an intelligent charger to maintain the battery pack . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
lipa40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a charger that shut off when the batt are fully charge. The obc I don"t know how to test and also the diagram I have does not show a obc on it. With the new controller is no regular plug for the rest of the wires so I am clueless. The reason I am asking about the converter is I am trying to get away from buying a obc. I can probably upload some pic and show what I have done. Where can I get a intelligent charger Thanks again
Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipa40 View Post
I have a charger that shut off when the batt are fully charge. The obc I don"t know how to test and also the diagram I have does not show a obc on it. With the new controller is no regular plug for the rest of the wires so I am clueless. The reason I am asking about the converter is I am trying to get away from buying a obc. I can probably upload some pic and show what I have done. Where can I get a intelligent charger Thanks again
Huh? The OBC has nothing to do with a converter.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:02 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Something is lost in translation.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . we are assuming this is a 48v controller cart . . . if it is, it should look something like this if a Powerdrive Cart:

. . . or like this if an IQ Cart:

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
lipa40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have those diagram that you are showing but I am not putting a tow switch and don't understand why I need a comp can I do it without. I am going simple controller to batt solenoid, fr switch,mcor. Probably separate batt for the light and radio.

Last edited by lipa40; 04-24-2014 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: Miss spelling
Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

You can remove the obc but you will need an intelligent charger. Your stock charger will not turn off
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car