lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
augustus54
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default No reverse

I was backing my 2000 club car 48v into the garage for a charge and reverse went out. My garage has two inch lip from the top of the pad to ground level and that is where reverse left me. It felt like it popped out of gear or like it slipped when it hit the lip. The reverse alarm still worked after this for a couple of times shifting from forward into reverse but then it died also. Forward works as normal. I checked the ohms between s1 limit switch NO terminal and the solenoid activating coil stud and got a reading with the lever in reverse. No reading in the forward lever position or in neutral. Couldn't find any loose wires. What do ya'll think, limit switch or f/r switch or something else? Appreciate any feedback.
augustus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: No reverse

I have melted a few f/r switches back in the day and it always seamed to be the reverse post on the switching block melted into the block itself and didn't make contact and forward would still work.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
augustus54
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Scratching my head this morning because now I have forward and reverse but no reverser alarm. Bad connection somewhere but did check for them yesterday.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you ever have trouble with reverse before this failure? I had some intermittent problems switching into reverse turned out to be a micro switch.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
augustus54
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yes I have. I did disconnect the wire to the NO s1 terminal to run an ohm test yesterday. The connection was tight but the terminal was a little dirty. I can't remember whether I tried reverse after that.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #6
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just want to confirm your F&R switch. Is it the big handle or the small rocker switch? Just a rookie trying to help.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
augustus54
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
Just want to confirm your F&R switch. Is it the big handle or the small rocker switch? Just a rookie trying to help.
Lever handle. Not a rocker switch.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Read this old post even though it is a problem going forward this test posted by Tahoedawg might help.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...o-reverse.html

It's either a bad F&R switch or a bad micro switch..... Locate the microswitches behind the F&R switch... On the rearmost micro switch you'll see three wires in this sequence.... Green, Black, White... Unplug all three. Jump the Green to the White. This will bypass the microswitch and the half speed resistor used to regulate reverse speed. Do that and try it.. Does it run in both directions now? If so, replace that microswitch and reattach wires. If you've still got the same problem I'd remove the F&R switch and inspect it. It's probably melted where the contacts meet.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you haven't done it already jack the rear wheels up off the ground while testing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car