lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
99RedTXT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 99 TXT DSC will not run and beeps when key is off

1999 TXT DCS:
I have done all diagnostic checks that I have come across on the forum.
I know of three certain issues, (1) on my ten pin connector on my controller terminal 7 "blue wire that goes to solenoid" does not read 36v. (2) the solenoid gets very hot due to what I believe is being energized constantly. (3) When I turn the key to the off position the cart beeps constantly until I disconnect battery. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
99RedTXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2014, 02:57 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 99 TXT DSC will not run and beeps when key is off

volts ?

bad solenoid
Old 06-21-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

1. No voltage on Pin-7 means that the controller is energizing the solenoid or that mo voltage is being applied to the other side of the solenoid coil (or the solenoid coil is open, but the solenoid is getting hot, so that isn't likely.)

2. The solenoid does get pretty warm, but shouldn't get too hot to touch briefly.

3. Is it a continuous beep or a series of rapid beeps? Also, does flipping the Run/Tow switch to Tow shut it off or do you have to physically disconnect a battery cable?

Do you hear the solenoid click? If so, when does it click? (Ie: When pedal is pushed. When put in Tow.)

You might have a bad controller.
If so, it's a good time to install a DCX400 and a heavy-duty (or super-duty) solenoid.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
99RedTXT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Delete This #4 Comment

Last edited by 99RedTXT; 06-21-2014 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Entered in error.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
99RedTXT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. No voltage on Pin-7 means that the controller is energizing the solenoid or that mo voltage is being applied to the other side of the solenoid coil (or the solenoid coil is open, but the solenoid is getting hot, so that isn't likely.)

2. The solenoid does get pretty warm, but shouldn't get too hot to touch briefly.

3. Is it a continuous beep or a series of rapid beeps? Also, does flipping the Run/Tow switch to Tow shut it off or do you have to physically disconnect a battery cable?

Do you hear the solenoid click? If so, when does it click? (Ie: When pedal is pushed. When put in Tow.)

You might have a bad controller.
If so, it's a good time to install a DCX400 and a heavy-duty (or super-duty) solenoid.
Ok when I go to the cart first thing this morning, everything is wired up and tight and i have beep, beep, beep, etc continually. Turn the key on all power reading are at diagnostic specifications even the terminal seven blue wire (B+). As I press pedal have an audible click from solenoid, beeping stops, but no movement of cart. The terminal 7 blue wire now reads no voltage. Turn the key off and beeping starts again, the tow/run switch will stop the beeping though. Johnnie any new ideas from this?
Old 06-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RedTXT View Post
Ok when I go to the cart first thing this morning, everything is wired up and tight and i have beep, beep, beep, etc continually. Turn the key on all power reading are at diagnostic specifications even the terminal seven blue wire (B+). As I press pedal have an audible click from solenoid, beeping stops, but no movement of cart. The terminal 7 blue wire now reads no voltage. Turn the key off and beeping starts again, the tow/run switch will stop the beeping though. Johnnie any new ideas from this?
The DCS controller has a walk away safety feature that turns on the regenerative braking (energizing the solenoid is part of turn on the regen braking) and beeps the beeper rapidly. (See attached cut&paste from manual)

The DCS does not have a motor speed sensor, so it must determine the cart is moving by current flow someplace inside the controller.

What I suspect is that there are some shorted MOSFETs or transistors in the controller, so it sees current flow when there shouldn't be any and thinks the cart is moving.

Since the controller controls the solenoid and beeper, the controller is most likely bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS walkaway safety.jpg (143.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
99RedTXT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB or scottyb would the carts unlimited Pkg. #505DCS be what you would recommend?
400amp Alltrax (DCX400) 36-48v programmable
200a continuous/800a peak Solenoid in 36 or 48 volt
Suitable for all around use with stock motor and up to 22" tires

Also will my current charger work still with this mod?
Old 06-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RedTXT View Post
JohnnieB or scottyb would the carts unlimited Pkg. #505DCS be what you would recommend?
400amp Alltrax (DCX400) 36-48v programmable
200a continuous/800a peak Solenoid in 36 or 48 volt
Suitable for all around use with stock motor and up to 22" tires

Also will my current charger work still with this mod?
Yes, the DCX400 is a Plug-n-Play for your cart and the 200/800 solenoid is adequate.
Unless you have done so already, your high current cable need to be upgraded to at least 4Ga (stock DCS was 6Ga)

If you suspect that you may up your pack voltage in the future, get the 505B kit. It has a 400/1000 solenoid that will work at 36V, 42V and 48V, so you won't have to change it out to up the pack voltage.

Yes your charger will continue to work with the controller upgrade.
The charger has to match the battery pack voltage. It doesn't know what controller is being used.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #9
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[I] got the 505B from Scottyb last week and have really been happy with performance,
I'm running 2 gauge cable and 36v and it has done everything that Scotty said it would
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
[I] got the 505B from Scottyb last week and have really been happy with performance,
I'm running 2 gauge cable and 36v and it has done everything that Scotty said it would
If you got the 505B, you have the Super-Duty (400A/1000A) solenoid rather than the Heavy-Duty (200A/800A) solenoid, so you need to correct the cart description in your signature block.

----------added
Might want to include the drive type also (DCS)

Cart in avatar appears to have stock height tires, what top speed are you getting at 36V?

Last edited by JohnnieB; 06-22-2014 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Added stuff

Tags
beeps, controller, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO