lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart won't move

I just bought a 93 36volt last night and it also has the wiper switch style with resistors and one solenoid that does not click unless I jump the microswitch in the wiper switch assembly. The problem is even if I do that the cart still does nothing. Any ideas I have several freinds and kids that want this thing running for Halloween tomorrow. BTW this one has new batteries and battery cables that are charged up to about 35 volts (not full charge yet) and I have been cleaning checking all other little cables and contacts with no problem found yet.

ANY HELP or advice is appreciated. I messed with this thing until 2am last night. People are counting on me. My McGyver rep is in jeopardy.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
bdw72
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

First look up the wiring diagram for your cart in this forum, I can tell you from my experience that there is a micro switch located inside the VGLIDE, one of the wires was not fully pressed onto the contact. Once i pressed the wire on, everything worked. Follow all wires, look under your cart at the coils and make sure they are not broken too and nothing is touching them. I hope this helps.
bdw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:25 AM   #13
jonequest
Gone Wild

I did that and now have found and fixed the bad microswitch in the wiper switch. I am closer, the solenoid clicks and delivers 36v to the wiper switch. I don't know how it works but testing with my negative voltmeter lead on the negative side of the battery pack I get 36v across all the other motor leads anytime the pedal is pressed enough to click the solenoid. The motor appears to have a turned stud and I suspect the wire broke off on the inside. I need to knwo how to pull the brush assembly off anf get it back on. Is there a trick to holding the brushes in??
Old 10-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #14
jonequest
Gone Wild

just subscribing
Old 09-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #15
rboatright
Not Yet Wild

I have a Club Car 6 LSV, street legal electric car. It has 8- 6volt batteries. Last winter, I let the car sit with no maintenance for 5 months. Upon my return, the factory charger would not show any signal and would not charge the batteries. All of the batteries were extremely low on water so I filled them up. I then disconnected the main lines, both positive & negative and separated the batteries into two. I then began tickle charging all of the batteries two at a time. I then reconnected both the positive and negative main lines to the batteries and reconnected all the batteries.

During the process of everything above, I did not pay attention to the run/tow switch and honestly don't remember what position that switch was in during the charging process.

Now, here is my problem. I think everything is connected properly. The car will go into reverse with the beeper working but when you switch the switch to forward, the car won't go and the beeper won't stop beeping. The only way to get the beeper to stop is to switch the car into tow mode. I took the F/R out of the dash and inspected the three poles and wires connected to it and they all seem to be in good condition.
rboatright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Letting the batteries sit for 5 months in a state of discharge with very low water could kill them. Charging the batteries with very low water can kill them.
A dead battery needs a mega charge, not trickle charge if it is a come back from the dead. But don't expect miracles. Damage has been done and even if you get them up to a full charge (I have my doubts) they will have a reduced capacity from this abuse.

Use the 'new thread' to start a new topic and ask a question about your cart instead of 'reply'

I hope all this helps, welcome to BGW!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car