lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
thomasperrard
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 cc precedent battery issue

got a few questions about the batterys , i have a 2005 club car with the 4 12 volt battery setup i noticed that two of the batterys are some what low on fluid and have a lower reading of 11.4 and 11.0 so i filled them back up and have taken the cables lose and started charging them with a 12volt charger seprertly . how long do you think i should charge them for and should i reset anything thanks for any help and or info.
thomasperrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 cc precedent battery issue

you could have just put the cart charger back on, with a regular 12 volt charger i don,t think you,ll get a accurate answer there are to many variables......i would put cart charger back on and check voltage when it shuts off and than again several hours later............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
thomasperrard
Not Yet Wild

yea i did that and i might just plain out have a battery thats going bad but of course i wanted to try and salvage it if possible . im going to try the 12 volt carger for a couple hours on each one and then go back to the cart charger ... whos knows thanks for the info
Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

check batteries with a voltage meter and test under load and than each cell with a hydrometer.........if you have a bad one you should be able to find out doing this.........................................
Old 05-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
thomasperrard
Not Yet Wild

well it worked somehow charged them up individualy and came back up to 12.6 at least on each battery
Old 05-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i didn,t mean to say it wouldn,t work i don,t think it would have made much difference either charging them with a 12 volt charger or letting the cart charger do its thing..........now that you have them up load test and test the cells make sure they are ok............................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car