lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Noisy Motor

Well guys,
Sorry to be a pest but . . .

I finally took the cart in to a cart shop and asked them to look it over and tell me what was wrong. They put a stethoscope on it and here's what they told me:
1. The motor bearing was shot.
2. The Input shaft was shot.

Well, I'm more than a little confused, now. If they had told me the input shaft bearings were gone, it wouldn't have been so bad. But apparently, they could tell the bearings were OK. They're convinced the input gear shaft is causing most of the whine.

I was ready to call PlumQuick and get the motor rebuilt but now I'm asking, is it worth it? A rebuilt motor sure won't quiet a bad/worn input shaft. Or, will it help?

I guess I'm just rambling but is it fairly common for an input shaft to be bad, when the rest of the differential seems OK? If I was still to get a PlumQuick rebuild, would it help me or would the noise still be there?

Thanks. I'm just rambling.

Chuck

Last edited by cdressel; 06-06-2011 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Noisy Motor

it might be worth PQ looking at it and if it has a bad shaft i,m sure they would tell you.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car