lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club Car Charger Won't kick off

if you open the charger right in front in the middle lower part there is a small square black plastic thingy with 2 wires plugged into it thats where you bypass the low voltage sensor so you might want to open charger up and take a peek......who put the breaker in? you............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
betarho
Not Yet Wild

I did put the breaker in. It didn't appear to be rocket science. Just two terminals to hook up. I will double check to make sure I hooked it up correctly. I already compared the connection to another charger. I'm going to check the voltage in the batteries again this afternoon.
betarho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes and 1 of the wires i beleive runs to the block i,m talking about................
Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
betarho
Not Yet Wild

I ran the cart yesterday and it had plenty of power. I plugged it up at 7:30 last night and as of 10 minutes ago the charger is still running but the amps are on zero. The water is not boiling and the batteries arent overly hot so I'm going to leave it plugged in until later in the afternoon. I volt tested them and they were all around 9 and the hydrometer test all proved good. Connection is fine as well when I tested and the meter only went to 48 volts but it lit that up. The guy at the dealer still thinks it could be a bad battery. I guess I need to try the other charger again to confirm.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

give it 16 hours either way......the charger should shut off after that should but you say it won,t so lets see if it does everything may be ok you may have to chearg again and see if it shuts off the 2nd time and if it does than you are ok but if not than there is a problem in there somewhere...........................
Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #16
betarho
Not Yet Wild

It was on zero amps yesterday when I got there and it had been running for over 20 hours. The batteries are not boiling and the cart ran fine but something definitely isn't right somewhere.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it has to be in your charger, you said another charger worked and shut off...........if thats the case than you have an issue in your charger somewhere its as simple as that...................................
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The charger is looking for 58.3 volts as a cut off point. A few stratified batteries would keep it from reaching that cut off voltage. You will need to shut the charger off and record accurate voltages and hydrometer readings to post here so we can see what you have battery wise
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #19
betarho
Not Yet Wild

I measured the voltage yesterday with the charger running and all the batteries were 9 volts or a little over. I hydro tested the day before and all checked good. I didn't hydro test yesterday. I'm thinking it may be bad batteries as well because I know the only true way to test the batteries is by a discharge machine. I've got a new diode, breaker, and relay for the charger on the way so I'm going to try that before I drag all the batteries back out. I should be able to get my hands on the other charger again tomorrow so that may tell the tale as well.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #20
betarho
Not Yet Wild

I do have a question though. I have the powerdrive charger by lester which is a little bigger than the newer club car chargers as my cart is actually a 2002 IQ not a 2001 like I thought. Will those newer chargers work the same if I try one of those?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car