lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
12gage
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Help with lighting on 2005 CC precedent gas

Good day, I am new to the golf cart idea,and just purchased a 2005 gas CC Precedent. Can anyone tell me if the starter/generator will keep up the battery if I install headlight of some type to my cart. I do not want to get out in the woods and find out I have a dead battery,and my cart wont start.I do not want to purchase the factory type lights because of expense and as many times as I will use them. So i am just loooking to put on a light from local auto store. My cart will be set up for hunting and I might need them once in a while to go retrieve game. Any help or lighting suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance,
12gage
12gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help with lighting on 2005 CC precedent gas

Lights should do fine as long as your battery is in good condition. I see them on almost every cart in my neighborhood, gas or electric. 35W output should be plenty to see with. 55W would be much more draw on the battery. I would suggest not leaving them on for extended periods of time without the engine running.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

In my area the gas carts that play on the beaches at night have an extra battery wired in parralel. As an old old timer I dont know why any young people would want to be on the beach after dark HA HA. You might want to look into LED replacement bulbs as they only use a 10'th of regular bulbs wattage.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
12gage
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys I feel a little better now knowing that 35 watt system is the one i need. I was really afraid that the charging system could not keep up. I need to drive into the woods about a mile and doing this twice a day would make me nervous.

I have seen some lights on eBay that a guy is selling and wondered if they would work or not.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 06-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Those would work but I didn't see a wattage rating on them.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
12gage
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks your right i didn't either, I will email the guy to see. I have seen the same thing I believe in the catalog from everything carts.com

Tags
charging, installation, lights
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car