lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Single point watering system question.

Well, I think I might have screwed up. I bought a club car LSV 48 volt 6-8volt battery car a year ago. It came with the single point watering system. Needless to say, I lost the pump and just bought a new one. The batt's were not watered for a year (light use on the cart, but still, I know that is bad).
The instructions said to pump until the "ball" is "hard" but two gallons later and it still was taking water. One of two things; either the water was really low or I am pumping too much in. Anyone have any experience with these single point systems? How hard is the ball supposed to get to know when it is full?
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Single point watering system question.

i know nothing about them but if its overfilling wouldn,t the water have to come out somewheres? as far as 2 gallon thats a lot of water but if they were all that low i know of people who have used twice that much and if thats the case your really gonna want someone to go over those batteries once you get them fully charged.........if you can get them fully charged.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's what I was afraid of. I charged it prior to to filling and it seems to have lots of power, but who knows. I guess I will leave it outside when I charge it next in case it overflows. What do you mean by have someone "go over" the batteries"? Do you think this thing might be dangerous? I figured I would just have to drive it a while and see how they are holding up after I know they are fully filled . Still don't know if they are full or not, don't know how hard that ball is supposed to be when they are full
Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what i meant was voltage test, load test and check all the cells with a hydrometer to what each specific gravity reading is.....that will tell you condition of batteries..............................
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
RonEarl
Not Yet Wild

when the batteries are full and all of the valves have shut off you should not be able to squeeze the bulb at all. I wouldn't quite say "rock hard" but almost. 2 gallons is a lot to put in, but if the system weren't working properly and did put in too much it would end up coming out of the small rectangular vents found on each of the valves. The good news is that you have the 8-volt batteries which do have more water in them that the old 12-volt ones do so really that's only .25 gallons per battery which is "reasonable" considering that hadn't been watered in a year.
RonEarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks Ron and Shadow, that is great information. I will both double check the levels and have the acid levels checked. Now that I know how to properly maintain it I will stay on top of it. I was having so much fun driving it I didn't worry about the water. Thanks a million guys !!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats the last place you want to slack off at is the batteries and cables......they mean everything............................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car