lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Jodyc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default First Project

Well I stumbled on my first cart project. Trying to get my son to put down his DSi and help and maybe learn a few things. Anyway its an 89 with bone dry batteries. Filled them up and it took a charge but drops as soon as the charger cuts off. Cart starts to move when the F/R switch is moved so I know I need to open the vglide. The cables are in bad shape and need to be replaced. I have a roll of black #4 welding cable. Do most people just use that or do they track down all the colors. The body and paint is in great shape and came with two chargers "one works" and a maintenance service book. The best part is it was F-R- double E so that leaves more money to rebuild it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (119.5 KB, 16 views)
Jodyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: First Project

Well welcome to BGW. You'll find these guy's are a wealth of info and quick to respond. With their help I've taken my first project from beat up to gitty up
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome..,The welding cable will work great.,the color is not an issue.Just do one cable at a time so you know where they go.If the batteries are that old you will need a new set,but hey,it was free ,still a deal. Good luck on the project and the insanity... My daughter is the same way with the DS or the computer..
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Welcome. Go to the store and buy a multi roll of colored electrical tape. use that to mark the ends of the blak cables if you want. You sure its the v-glide and not the soleniod stuck?
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
eaglesdad1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome and good luck with your build
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car