lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Potentiometer Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Here's a news flash there is a pot in the MCOR.
And the conversion cost hundreds of dollars....
Yep. A completely water-tight, dust-sealed POT at that..... I'd spend $500 dollars on an MCOR conversion before I'd even attempt to use a Crap-Box
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Club Car only used pots for a year and a half? I think I will keep it because it is so rare and maybe worth money someday! Ok, anyway, I will try to adjust it and get that 5K to 0K reading.
That's right. They sucked so bad that they went BACK to the V-Glide. They gave up continuously variable throttle and went back to multi-step because the PotBox sucked so bad. The ones that didn't get replaced in the fleet changeouts have either crapped out by now, or should be in the world record books. In 2001 they went with the MCOR to achieve a good sealed continuously variable throttle control and have no reason to change to anything else. Not to mention, when and IF the MCOR does fail, it can be changed in 5 minutes by the local village idiot.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #23
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
That's right. They sucked so bad that they went BACK to the V-Glide. They gave up continuously variable throttle and went back to multi-step because the PotBox sucked so bad. The ones that didn't get replaced in the fleet changeouts have either crapped out by now, or should be in the world record books. In 2001 they went with the MCOR to achieve a good sealed continuously variable throttle control and have no reason to change to anything else. Not to mention, when and IF the MCOR does fail, it can be changed in 5 minutes by the local village idiot.
I guess I need to call Guiness Book of World Records! Mine really hasn't really "crapped out" it just seems like it could work a little "better".
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Ok so it hasn't crapped yet but it's running for the bathroom
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Ok so it hasn't crapped yet but it's running for the bathroom

Good one David

Okay seriously the potentiometer has been the primary device used to regulate Speed in DC motors and a good # of AC motors too. I don't think the fault lies in the pot itself but rather in the wet location under the CC floor.

Ezgo used a similar pot for their early controller carts. They had the forethought to mount them high in the battery bay beneath a rain shield. These pots rarely failed. In fact I bet 90% of all 1992 marathons are running their original potentiometers. (20 yrs later) The fault with this car is in the design. As usual
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #26
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok, good news! I went under the cart and loosened the little nut that attaches to the pot box and tweaked it a bit. When I finally got the right setting, the cart runs so much faster! Who knew a 15 year old cart could run this fast! I remember taking my cart to the dealer when I first got it two years ago, because it was taking off when you put it in Forward. When they were done, I thought it was just as fast as it could go. Then I noticed other carts about like mine that were faster. I really do appreciate everyone's help!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car