lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Charge in Tow or Run Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
your very correct! !! But was the bingo comment necessary did it add anything to this thread or was it just more negitive prodding. Remember i asked a question about the site being down and got answers that had no positive info,infact i have no idea what they were even talking about fixer and bu ???? And my education? ?? And them being hicks or good ol boys something, I was born a hillbilly so what. I worked on medical equiptment most of my life i couldn't affortd to guess it had to be right, would you want to have surgery with some of these people working on the equipment, after 30+ years of doing it the right way its hard to change.
First off... Medney... sorry for the "hijack"!

gaminde... look under my user name, it say's "What the ....?" (place whatever word pops into your head for the .... )

I DON'T CARE how you were raised, what your education is, or the "status quo" you wish to live at!

WE are ALL good at what we do, and we ALL do it well!
It wasn't meant to be a slap in your face, I'm just asking you to be careful of WHO you correct with "technicalities",
and to "dummy it down" for future readers so THEY can understand it! O.K.?

my .02

And note: you and "fixer" would butt heads harder then mountain goats fighting over the pack!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Dude.....maybe you should take a chill pill. (gaminde) The bingo comment had nothing to do with you. Shadoman was saying "that is correct" by using the term bingo. Shadowman has been helping people far longer than BGW has been around. He is 99.9% of the time right. Seems to me that you don't like others adding to the discussion after you have posted or you try to find some "technicality" to call someone on. Again, right or wrong BGW is a DISCUSSION forum.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Will try, thanks for the warning thought it was dummied down
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I can't remember anybody else getting a public warning about fitting in on bgw who didn't eventually find something else to do with their time.

This is just a golf cart repair and modification site. Not the usual place for electron micro scopes and a geek squad, although some members are pretty smart with a wide range of electrical experience.
Still, practical golf cart repair experience is the preferred data base for most discussions here.
I'm not saying there isn't room for the other, I just think the need may be more limited here than on other sites dedicated to more technical topics.

Remember at the end of the day, no matter what you do to it, it's just a golf cart
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #15
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
The On Board Computer is always on regardless of the Tow/Run switch position since its what controls the charger as well as locking out the vehicles control circuit. The controller is separtate from the OBC.

Not Exactly but close enough for BINGO and stickers

Section 11 of IQ manual
• Tow/Run Switch: When the Tow/Run switch is in the RUN position, the vehicle will function normally.
When the switch is in the TOW position, power to the OBC and controller is shut off, disabling the vehicle operating circuit.

Charge function of Obc is not effected!! its really your choice 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other.
Correction, here is a direct quote from an owners manual:

Club Car battery chargers interact with the vehicle onboard computer. The computer records the amount of energy consumed during vehicle use. While the charger is plugged in, the vehicle’s control circuit is locked out, preventing operation of the vehicle, as well as the possibility of consequent damage to the charger and the vehicle. Once the lockout is actuated, the charger turns on. The onboard computer then records the amount of energy being returned to the batteries. When the optimum amount of energy needed to replenish the batteries is returned, the charger will shut off. The control circuit lockout remains activated until the charger plug is disconnected from the vehicle.

If the OBC was OFF it couldn't do the above! How would the charger know when to shut off? Are you saying in your comment that the OBC is partially off when the Tow/Run switch is in the Tow position... having dual power capabilities/inputs?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #16
medney
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Wow - I thought I just had a simple question and opened up a hornet's nest! I am satisfied - let's close this one out and move on!

Thanks
medney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by medney View Post
Wow - I thought I just had a simple question and opened up a hornet's nest! I am satisfied - let's close this one out and move on!

Thanks
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #18
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Baawaahahahaha!!!!!

And to think for intertainment I used to hang out at midgetlovedotco........nevermind
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

gaminde if i somehow i insulted you with that bingo comment i,m truley sorry it was not my intent...........you have been here long enough to know when i throw a dart my aim is true and this dart wasn, t thrown at you it was merely saying to SB ( ted ) he was right on with the info he posted thats all .......no more no less.........again if i offended you i didn,t mean to and i,m sorry................can,t we all just get along........there that dart was for you................lolol.......................... ..........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
And my education? ?? And them being hicks or good ol boys something, I was born a hillbilly so what.

WHOA! Eassssyyyyy! "Hicks" is my last name!

To set the record straight, here's what happens....

The OBC has two functions, to control the charger, and to provide a ground for the solenoid and the controller. When the OBC turns the charger on, it opens the ground circuit to the controller. This is what keeps the vehicle from running while it's charging. The TOW/RUN switch kills power to the controller the same way the OBC kills power to it when it charges, by opening the ground circuit and allowing the capacitors to discharge. With that being said, the answer is YES, and NO about the Tow/Run switch killing the OBC. YES, it kills the circuit that allows the car to run. and NO, it doesn't kill the OBC completely because it still monitors battery voltage and allows the car to charge. There is no reason what so ever to put the car in the "TOW" position while charging. The OBC does that for you by itself.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car