lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Just Joined the Club Car Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yeah.. I know exactly what it costs. But there's too many people on this forum who do this for a living so I'm not gonna release that information. But you can rest assured they're not making much at all if they're doing it for $100 bucks.
Cool. Understood.

Thanks
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #12
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Dawg! I would like to get that done, but don't want to drive my cart an 2hrs away though... any other way? It is very important that i do not lose any torque or the pedal-up braking, i think the speedylink thing disables regen.
warmboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmboater View Post
Thanks Dawg! I would like to get that done, but don't want to drive my cart an 2hrs away though... any other way? It is very important that i do not lose any torque or the pedal-up braking, i think the speedylink thing disables regen.
There's a way to go to the Curtis website and download their programming software for a PC but I'm not knowledgeable enough on a computer to have a clue how to do it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:41 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammel83 View Post
I can understand getting the code from a CC dealer, but can it be inputed by someone else?
One would need the proper programmer and the proper code to input . . . not sure if CC dealer would provide the code over the phone or not . . . you could call and ask them, I guess . . . they may "need" to see cart to verify controller serial number to obtain code from CC to make sure you/I don't misread it and get wrong code . . . wrong code attempts result in controller lock up . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I say keep your $100+ and apply that towards a high performance motor. You will gain speed, some torque and be able to keep your regen braking. New high speed motors are not expensive and a better investment than $100+ spent on a software update. Plus, your cart will run well over 20mph
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
hammel83
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well just got the Pic of the new cart uploaded. Now just need to start saving up some "tuck money" to do those secret upgrades and keep the wifey happy....
hammel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #17
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hmmm secret upgrades, you mean like, hey honey with that rear seat kit for the kiddos we had no choice but to upgrade the suspension (aka lift kit, hd springs, larger tires wheels etc) hehehehe
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 AM   #18
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Steve, sounds like your setup is what i am going after, 3"lift 20"tires, i did not realize there were upgrade motors out there that did not disable regen. I just saw the the PQ disabled regen so assume that was standard. What kind of torque increase did you see with that commander motor?? I am only looking for a tad more speed but could really use more torque, my community is ALL HILLS, no flat...
Old 08-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #19
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

warm,
This is where the experts should chime in: My commander is great, but not much torque. I'm saving for an Alltrax DCX500, HP soleinoid and 2 gage wires. Those components will greatly increase my torque by adding amps. With any luck, enough to burn a little rubber. There is a trade off with motors: low torque/fast, high torque/slow. I'm attempting to put more amps through a low torque/fast motor to give it more torque and retain the speed.

It sounds to me you made need a bigger controller and wires. (400 amps/4 gage wires) or go my route (500/2gage) You could prolly keep your motor, if it's fast enough. I believe the Alltrax programmable contollers allow regen braking, but I'm not too sure. It will give you more speed as well, prolly around 19-21mph?? If you find you want more speed, then put a new motor in. You may get around 25-30mph+
Good luck,
Steve
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #20
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yeah, I really only need more torque, for these hills. In all honesty i do not need to much faster then 18-19 with my young kids on the back. I will have to do a search to see what i can find on a motor or controller for adding the torque i want without loosing the regen.

Steve, I just pick up my 3"lift, 20/10/10 saharas, hd leafs for rear, today and already installed the lift on the rear and HD (four pack) leafs, it lifted the rear way more then i anticipated, i was going more for the look in your pic. i must have 5+ inches between the top of the tire and the fender! Do you have the HD leafs on your? I realize the thicker leaf pack would add an extra inch right there but man it looks like way more then that...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car