lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Series conversion help!

My 95 DS, 48V regen I has been stripped and 36V motor installed. I put on the MCOR conversion. I also removed the OBC (bad) because I have an autocharger that doesn't need the OBC. I installea a new alltrax NPX series nonprogramble controler. I have 2 bundles of wires now. One from the MCOR and the other from the dash.

I also don't know what is the + or - of my new solenoid on the small or large posts because nothing is marked. It is a whites-rogers. Is there a way to test it?

The F/R lever has 2 microswitch connectors at the top. I have no idea what goes there?????

I have a diod and resistor but again, what is + or - on the solenoid. Can somebody please give a little help before I fry everything! I am using the CC 96 and newer series motor diagram from the alltrax doc section. It doesn't show very well what goes to the solenoid. Is ti just 1 wire per post?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rebuild parts 005.jpg (129.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg rebuild parts 006.jpg (120.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg rebuild parts 004.jpg (139.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rebuild parts 003.jpg (179.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rebuild parts 001.jpg (256.3 KB, 5 views)
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Series conversion help!

OK, in the first pic, those wires are from the MCOR. The one I can't figure out is the white/black wire. That is from the original harness but it is the black going into the MCOR

The second bundle of wires, the other blue is from the key switch but I think it is a duplicate from the old shunt system and not used because 2 blues come from the same side of the key switch but the other goes to the MCOR which I have on the solenoid.

The brown goes to the Batt light????

The red and orange go to the buzzer. Do I need to hook these up if I don't need a buzzer?

Is the resistor for the big posts on the solenoid directional? It doesn't seem to be marked!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Go to www.golfcartpartsdirect.com see under 1997 Wiring 48v you should be able to work out what goes where. The F/R switch should have 3 micro switches and if you don't need the reverse buzzer then you leave the middle one unconnected. The brown wire is for the battery light but as you are not using the OBC it is redundant. The solenoid is not + or - sensitive neither is the resistor, however the diode is and the silver band should be towards and attached to the small post that has the + wire. As you have no OBC the negative from the small post can be connected to the controller B- terminal. I assume that your Alltrax has the 5k - 0 throttle.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Golfdog! I guess I still have a few wires I can get rid of I think. This thing was a regen I so it had a ton of wires. As for my F/R lever, it does have only 2 plugs because it is an HD 36V series lever! Look at it in my pic. Thats what I was told would be best. I just don't know what goes into the 2 leads. In a 36V series, the blue goes on top and a yellow on bottom but That won't be right here on a 48V system. I'm thinking the Green/white from the MCOR goes on 1 lead??? and something on the other??? Those diagrams at www.golfcartpartsdirect.com are much better than the ones I had but I looked at the DS 2000-2005 48V because it has a MCOR.

I did build a set of 4G wires today throughout and the new US batteries are getting their first charge right now. I bought them a few months ago and they have been on 2X4's in the garage with no waw to charge. They read 48.6V's before I started the charge. Will see what they are in the morning.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got the batteries charged for the first time. They read 51.6 this morning. I also talked to Tahodawg and I think he has me all streightened out. Got to head to the store and get a few little parts.

1 question I do have is on the back of this 36V F/R lever where the S1 & S2 hook up, Do these #10 bolts get tightened or are they loose so they can swivle? I think I have seen some before where they were loose so they swiveled. I also see that it takes a #10 internal tooth lock washer. Is there 1 per side or 2? I assume lug, washer then bolt.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Got the batteries charged for the first time. They read 51.6 this morning. I also talked to Tahodawg and I think he has me all streightened out. Got to head to the store and get a few little parts.

1 question I do have is on the back of this 36V F/R lever where the S1 & S2 hook up, Do these #10 bolts get tightened or are they loose so they can swivle? I think I have seen some before where they were loose so they swiveled. I also see that it takes a #10 internal tooth lock washer. Is there 1 per side or 2? I assume lug, washer then bolt.

Thanks
It doesn't matter how tight you get them. They'll still swivel. You're threading the bolt into the pivoting connector, it doesn't actually apply pressure to the contact. It just tightens the wire to the pivot. And yes, lug, washer, bolt is correct.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car