lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
rplewis
Not Yet Wild

Default 1986 Club Car Solenoids

I recently purchased a 1986 club car. I have been reading many posts in this forum. I feel that my speed is lower than it should be. I tested to see if all the solenoids were clicking.... They are.
1st click no movement, 2nd click no movement, the cart does not start to move until I hear the 3rd click. Is that normal? Or should it start at the 2nd click?
rplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1986 Club Car Solenoids

welcome to BGW cart should move at 2nd click thats 1st sp. .................now keep in mind even a clicking solenoid can be bad so jack the rear up and whatch the wheels as your slowly pressing the pedal.........they should spin faster with every solenoid click.............how old are the batteries and have you tested them? they can effect speed also as well as cables..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are right the first click is the master solenoid when it clicks power is available to all the solenoids when the next (2nd solenoid clicks) solenoid clicks the carts should begin to move.

Just because a solenoid makes a click does not guarantee it is making contact.
If your solenoids are are original, they are 25 yrs old. Consider replacing them all at once and be done with the faulty solenoid syndrome.... consider replacing all 5 micro switches which trigger them also.
If you do this you should have trouble free operation for another 20 yrs.
The whole kit is available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
rplewis
Not Yet Wild

Where is the best place to get these kits? Approx. cost?

Thanks
rplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
wildbillw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I certainly don't have as much experience as Scottyb, but to throw my two cents in I'd also replace the nylon slide in the micro-switch box. Also, use caution taking the micro-switches out. The 3 inch screw is really hard to find if you twist it off. (been there - done that)
wildbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car