lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
bollie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Resetting OBC problem

Colby & Scotty
OK jobs done, charged overnight have green light now. Thanks heaps guys.
Mark
bollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #12
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

No problem, glad it worked for you! Don't run them down so far again or you will really shorten the life of your batteries. Look at the sticky at the top of this forum for good battery care tips. Charge the cart fully even if you drive it a few miles or so when your done for the day.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #13
bollie
Not Yet Wild

Hi Colby,
I just had a thought. Wouldn't everyone who has a Club Car with an OBC be better off bypassing it like I did, even if they use a PD charger. I was talking to Club Car here in Australia on another matter and he passed the comment that the OBC was a pain in the A
Any thoughts?
Mark
Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #14
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollie View Post
Hi Colby,
I just had a thought. Wouldn't everyone who has a Club Car with an OBC be better off bypassing it like I did, even if they use a PD charger. I was talking to Club Car here in Australia on another matter and he passed the comment that the OBC was a pain in the A
Any thoughts?
Mark
negative. the OBC regulates current and terminates the charge. without it, the stock charger is just a rectifier & transformer. all the "brains" are in the OBC.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

The charger you have is a good charger but not all of them are. The OBC does make for a great charging system with the powerdrive charger. This is the charger you have, right?

http://www.lvssales.com/index-Chargers.html
Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
bollie
Not Yet Wild

Yes I have the LVS-4825A and is working fine. After a full charge green light comes on and when I test battery group I am getting 50.91V, so I guess alls good.
On another question I am going to an auction next week where they are selling 8 Precedents all 2008 models. All being well I hope to buy two or three for friends for about $US2000. I will have the opportunity to inspect and apart from obvious
body damage can you give me some tips on checking batteries, mechanicals etc.
Thanks Mark
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

2008 is when CC started going back to the 6-8V batteries. Many had the 4-12V setups. You really don't want this because it is not as good as the 6-8's. My fear is also that with nobody using the 12V setup anymore, will the battery companies still make them for much longer? If they do, what will the cost be? If the carts have 4-12v batteries, make sure the battery bay is the one with the tow/run switch on the back wall! That modle can easily be converted into 6-8V's. If it has the divider in the box, splitting the driver/ passanger seat, I would stay away! Use your DMM to check pack voltage. If it has been charged and it reads 49.0V's, the batteries are about toast! Also read each battery and see if they all ar the same voltage or pretty darn close.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
bollie
Not Yet Wild

Tow/Run switch on back wall, does that mean on the wall behind the charging port?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #19
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollie View Post
Tow/Run switch on back wall, does that mean on the wall behind the charging port?
NO, at the back of the cart! The other setup has a divider between the batteries with the OBC and tow/run switch between the driver and passenger!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car