lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 04 Club Car Precedent...how fast?

Hello All,

I am looking at buying an 04 Precedent and I am just wondering how fast these things go stock?
Has anyone had any problems with these?
Anything else worth knowing about good or bad before I purchase this thing?

Thanks
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 04 Club Car Precedent...how fast?

also has anyone used the Speedylink system found on the sponsors page? Did/Does it work?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
Hello All,

I am looking at buying an 04 Precedent and I am just wondering how fast these things go stock?
Has anyone had any problems with these?
Anything else worth knowing about good or bad before I purchase this thing?

Thanks
Welcome to the poor house

They go about 15 MPH stock, but you can upgrade just about everything on it!

I have an '07, no real problems with it

The bad: Precedents 04-08 have 4 12 volt batts. The newer ones have 6 8 volt batts. 6 batts give you longer run time and last longer. However, mine lasted over 4 years, so take that with a grain of salt. Batteries cost a lot of money

If you are asking about speed, you are gonna go broke trying to make it go faster than your friends cart You will see......

As far as I'm concerned, there are no other negatives, as it's all personal opinion anyway.

Good luck
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
also has anyone used the Speedylink system found on the sponsors page? Did/Does it work?

Thanks
Search "speedylink" on this site. There must be a million pages on it (very popular)
Old 10-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated. Im looking at spending around $1800 to get an 04 with 08 batteries that he says test out good, it comes pretty much stock but he has added a chrome bumper, and a rain umbrella for golf clubs in the back. He also said he has a set of new stock tires and rims he would throw in. I know cart prices are different all over but I am in North Dakota and I am wondering if this is a decent buy?
How much can a person sell the new set of tires/rims for?
Thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

08 12v batteries could be at the end of their life. Check the entire pac voltave and see if it's in the 5--51V range. I bet it's more like in the 49's. This would say its about time.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Check the batteries out for yourself if you can. If not, make sure he will stand behind them for at least a few days after you get the cart home and can't check them out. If it's a golf course cart, it's probably set on 14 to 15 mph speed setting. This can be changed by someone with a programmer by the way, like a dealer. Most likely would be a charge for it. Or there are some aftermarket ways to make it faster. I won't go into detail because there are plenty of posts around here you can find on that subject.

There are also plenty of posts debating the 4 12v battery setup vs the 8v. There is a conversion kit you can buy. My 06 has the 08 12v batteries and they suit my needs just fine. They may not last as long as 8v but that remains to be seen for me and I'm not convinced it's worth it to invest in a conversion kit and 8v batteries for my personal needs.

Not a bad price if the cart and batteries are in good condition. As mentioned, though, you can spend a small fortune on one if you aren't careful.

Good luck on selling the extra set of tires/rims. I've been trying to almost give mine away on craigslist for months now. I've only had one call and they wanted me to deliver them an hour away. I'd spend more in gas than I'm asking for them.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

If it's an '04 and it has '08 batteries, he/someone put batteries in it in '08. That means they lasted about 4 years and he probably knows it needs new batteries soon. He may just want to get a newer cart and not want to spend 800-900 $$$ on batteries for this cart.

If you buy it for whatever price, plan on spending $$$ for new batteries sooner than later

Anyway you can post some pics of it? If you can, get pics of the batteries, wheels, dash and the underside. People here love pics That will also help with determining a fair price.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #9
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's a far assumption it will need batteries sooner then later. With that in mind, I would shop around to get a better idea of the cost and maybe you can use this as a negotiation tool. Just for reference, I am getting the US batteries at a cost of $158ea for the 12v.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
It's a far assumption it will need batteries sooner then later. With that in mind, I would shop around to get a better idea of the cost and maybe you can use this as a negotiation tool. Just for reference, I am getting the US batteries at a cost of $158ea for the 12v.
That's a great price Are you getting those locally? I would have had to drive 2 hours (one way) to score a deal like that Ended up getting Trojans for $190 ea. ( 7 min drive). I never asked for the US Battery price, I had my mind set on Trojan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car