lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
capnrobby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charger won't charge

Last post on this thread. (I think) Been charging, gassing and filling water over and over. Drove cart quite a bit yesterday and this morning still had 48.5v. Not bad - still a little life left in batteries.
Orange light comes on sometimes but quick disconnect neg terminal it goes out and stays out till unknown circumstances? turn it back on. OBC appears inoperative – charger always at 12A and 55v. Ok as long as I monitor.
Most noteworthy, when charger clicks and buzzes but does not charge (see beginning post) by putting it ‘in gear” and moving a few inches and reconnecting dc plug into cart it charges fine. Thanks again, Capn
capnrobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #22
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the only problem with leaving it this way is the batteries need that low amp end of charge cycle to preform the way they should......no big deal if your dealing with batteries that need replaced but when you put new batteries in your gonna ruin them by charging this way they need to have that last cycle and just keeping them on charge for 10 or 12 or however many hours isn,t gonna cut it.......just something to think about when you invest 800.00 in a set of batteries...........as for the light could be several reasons its coming on but i,m betting its something to do with improper charging............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
capnrobby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think orange light comes on when charge cycle is stopped early because batteries get way to hot to leave on the charger. Batteries were dead when I got the cart. I feel lucky they hold any charge at all. Guess I’ll have to wait till I need new batteries to see if OBC works correctly? Does OBC do anything besides control charge rate? Any way to test it before I hook up new batteries? Also, do you know if any current flows when “ignition” key is on or only when solenoid clicks? Thanks again SM, Capn
capnrobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car