lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Default Re: HOW TO INCERT #2 wire thru the ON BOARD COMPUTER

steve thank you for your middle of the road answer ....

cheapjeep2 has responded to me and i am going to send him a sample next saturday....

yes scotty is using a wire that suits most members....however not everyone wants to buy ..some like to make their own.... so far he has not taken me up on my offer for the wire sample....only then will he be able to make valid comments about me re-inventing the wheel....

but as far as the wire quallity...... this is not radio Sh*ck this is a public utility company....does anyone think they buy garbage quallity
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
steve thank you for your middle of the road answer ....

but as far as the wire quallity...... this is not radio Sh*ck this is a public utility company....does anyone think they buy garbage quallity
I would think that utility companies require a higher tensile strength cable than what average consumers want/need for golf cart applications . . . plus it is not readily available for the average consumer to buy . . . and may be cost prohibitive also . . . just saying . . .
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

well i figure that my method also will work for the CART JUNKIE who wants to go 50mph

why does posting on this site have to have personal attacks .....?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't think anyone is personally attacking you, rather those with lots of experience just trying to understand what is different and offer suggestions.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i saw no attack here FB what i do see ( and there is no offense meant here at all ) is you taking the heat over someone questioning the cable your using but this is how we learn things that end up helping all of us out, its all good ..................................
Old 10-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #16
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

My 2 cents. # 2 welding cable is #2 welding cable no matter the brand name. The only difference is the outer jacket that could be regular usage or severe duty usage, or anything in-between. Some wires have insulation for use in an oil environment and some are insulated to be used where there is vehicle traffic that will be running over it. The wire size will be the same, but the jacket can be of varying thickness.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you save the postage and the time, send me macro photos of the end of the cable... It looks like AC wire to me?

scottyb@cartsunlimited.net

thanks

P.S.
I have been working with electricity for 50 yrs also although I never boast as much.... some of my early years were limited to simple experiments like stuffing a coat hanger into an outlet
Oh, I hope that doesn't make me any less credible in the eyes of the golf cart community

Don't forget the pics, I'm curious to see why you are having such a time .....
Also could you send me a pic of that cable tied in a figure 8? AC cable is a different alloy, it's quite stiff, but you know that.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #18
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

i will be at campground this saturday and will take photos plus i dont care about the cost of the postage i'm also sending by priority mail to "BENTON RD"

as a matter of fact think i will also take photos of AC #2 wire which i also have for business

all for you info
Bruce
Old 10-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your mail will be returned unopened, for all I know it may be a letter bomb from you I got reams of welding cable

How about those pics now?

And please, watch your blood pressure, this is just a discussion board... and these are just golf carts but I think you have the wrong wire and that is why you are having to strip the jacket off of it to get it thru the OBC.

Also I noticed no paper liner between the copper strands and the neoprene jacket? I'm curious about that because all welding cable has a protective sheath between the copper and the jacket. Of course you know why but let me tell the others that the reason every welding cable has a protective sheath between the copper and the jacket is to prevent the jacket from melting & adhering to the copper during peak or high amp draws.
I don't see this paper shield in the pictures?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #20
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I'm in south eastern Wisconsin, where do I get this cable?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car