lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Norman926
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 club car stops then goes after releasing pedal

Hi guys. I have been reading the threads and can't find a solution. I have a 2002 club car, brand new batteries (6x8v Trojan Y-875). Have had the cart for 7 years with no problems. After getting the batteries installed, the cart runs smooth, then at a specific point on my way home, it loses power (no noises), just stops. I take my foot off the accelerator and put it back on and the problem is fixed. Happens at the same place every day, no matter how long I have been driving.

Everything it tight, water levels are fine etc. Not sure if a ghost from the past hates me driving past his house, but any technical advice would be appreciated.
Norman926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 club car stops then goes after releasing pedal

Avoid the place where it happens . . . ???
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Norman926
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, but no the technical advice I was hoping for
Old 11-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Norman, your last name isn't Bates is it ?? And it keeps stopping in front of some Hotel...

Sorry, couldn't resist... You may have a controller issue but it is weird that it isn't time running related. Hills ??
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
Norman926
Not Yet Wild

You guys crack me up. The place where it happens is about 1km from the golf course. It's a very and I mean very slight down hill which then leads onto a flat section of road. It is on this flat section that it stops. I thought it could be that it doesn't like going flat out for long periods, but the rest of the trip home is longer that this so I'm buggered.

It actually happened yesterday on my way to the course which is a first. Once again, on a flat section under full throttle, but minimal load.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car