lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need any help possible FAST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFireman84 View Post
Well I appreciate all the fast responses and great advice. I just finished some bargaining and can't pass up the deal we worked on the T-890 set and I think it will be worth the 2 week wait so I can get my lift and wheels ordered. Thanks again everyone you all are AWESOME as usual!
Good choice! You won't be disappointed!

Your charger will take a bit longer on these. Nothing's wrong with it! :)
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #12
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

about those lights,,, if you just use two of the batteries in your set to run them, then those two will work harder and not last as long as the others in the set,,, eather get a 36/48volt reducer, or rotate the batteries in the set by putting alagator clips on the power wires and move them from pair to pair.
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #13
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

rmarcusy (my fellow Okie), Thanks for the heads up after the coin I just dropped on these batts I would be upset if I prematurely spent a couple out of the pack. The alligator clip sounds like an easy route to go and I can leave them unclipped when I dont plan on using them. I think my regular light kit may even be hooked up to two of the batteries. I'll post a pic and maybe someone can shed some light on my lights!
BAFireman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #14
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFireman84 View Post
rmarcusy (my fellow Okie), Thanks for the heads up after the coin I just dropped on these batts I would be upset if I prematurely spent a couple out of the pack. The alligator clip sounds like an easy route to go and I can leave them unclipped when I dont plan on using them. I think my regular light kit may even be hooked up to two of the batteries. I'll post a pic and maybe someone can shed some light on my lights!
You paid some $$$ on those 890s! If want your investment to last as long as possible, pickup a converter and run those lights off of that. Yes, it's gonna be a small hassle to install it, but it will pay for itself over time. You can also run other 12 volt devices off of it, like a stereo, cigarette lighter/acc. plug, horn and whatever you want. Just get one with at least 20-25 amps. Good luck.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #15
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Steve I'll check into it.
BAFireman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #16
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You will have to have a converter unless you are going to run all of your 12v accessories off of 16 volts. It will work but only for a split second
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
You will have to have a converter unless you are going to run all of your 12v accessories off of 16 volts. It will work but only for a split second
I just didn't want him getting a cheapie 16 volt to 12 volt reducer!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 16 to 12v reducer was CC standard OEM equipment for years...... may still be? But it draws all 12v off of 2 batteries and those 2 batteries are always the first to go, dragging the rest of the pack down with them
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #19
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The 16 to 12v reducer was CC standard OEM equipment for years...... may still be? But it draws all 12v off of 2 batteries and those 2 batteries are always the first to go, dragging the rest of the pack down with them
I don't understand why they put that POS 16 to 12 in that cart?? Why not just go ahead and install a 48 to 12? I mean we are talking maybe $ 50.00 to Club Car, at the most...Just don't get it.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #20
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I don't understand why they put that POS 16 to 12 in that cart?? Why not just go ahead and install a 48 to 12? I mean we are talking maybe $ 50.00 to Club Car, at the most...Just don't get it.
Because of the corporation bean counters
erict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, electric cart, hunting buggy, lifted cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car