lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #1
JUST261
Not Yet Wild

Default slow 412 melex

I have a melex 412 that I purchased about 6months ago. I put brand new batteries in it when I bought it. I mainly use it at campgrounds. My question is how fast are these carts usually? My gps shows about 11mph tops. Its embarrassing getting passed by every other golf cart at the campground. I pulled the 2 wires and checked the ohms on the potentiometer. As soon as I hit the throttle, it goes from 0 to 6.8, with almost nothing in between. Is this normal, or should it gradually go up on the meter? I have a 10k ohm pot from radio shack, that I was gonna replace it with, but figured, I would check with you guys to see if I even needed to replace the pot or not. Any help would be appreciated.
JUST261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex