lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
mrc108
Not Yet Wild

Default '96 Club Car - Generator testing help

Could someone please verify my testing procedure. I have the starter/generator from a 1996 gas club car. There is a charging issue with cart and I am trying to isolate either the generator or the VR. I do not currently have the cart, but do have the starter/generator. I have performed the ohm tests across the various terminals and all have checked ok. I have a method of spinning up the generator and would like to test the output, if possible. It is a Mondo unit with 5 connections (F1,F2,A1,A2,DF).

If I understand correctly from the diagrams and other threads on the subject...
- There should be a jumper wire from A1 to F1
- The positive (+) lead from the battery should go to F2
- DF (normally the yellow wire) is the grounding circuit for the VR
- A2 goes to chassis ground

I have the generator mounted on a test bench and can spin it at the required rpm's. If I take a test battery and connect the positive lead to the F2 pole, then have the A2 and DF poles tied together and going to battery ground, when the generator is spinning, I should get rising voltage at the battery... correct?

When I try this, I actually see a voltage drop across the battery? Can anyone shed some light on what is happening here or if my procedure will work.

Thank you
mrc108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car