lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2023, 07:31 PM   #1
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lithium battery questions/choice

Club Cart 2000ish, IQ, lifted with magnet in GE motor, the rest is stock. I do use it for hunting and it occasionally gets into the 20s but not often, does stay mid 30-40 degees at times. Other than that cart is in Florida and is warm.

Looking at getting rid of my T875s for either:

-One ECO 51v 72Ah LifePo4 or
-Two 48V 30Ah Allied
- Any other better choices?

1. Which is the better/best to go with?
2. Will both drop in and fit in original trays?
3. Will a Lester Summit 2 (29700) charge them?
4. And who on here sells them, so I can support the forum if I go this route?

Thanks for any info you can supply!
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2023, 07:51 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium battery questions/choice

I had been running 2 of the allied in my iq and they did great. I did add a 3rd because when it gets cold and we like to play in the snow it was pushing them to the limits of the BMS (though never once cut out). They do drop into the stock battery locations and use the stock tie downs. I averaged 24-25mph with the stock ge motor and speed magnet.

With the 2 I could get around 30 miles on a charge and as said I never got to a point where they shut off. I did add a 3rd about a year later just to help with the cold Michigan winters but if I lived down in fl or ga still, I doubt I ever would have added the 3rd.

Plowmans here in MI is a site sponsor and has the best prices I’ve seen on the web for allied. Cheaper than allied site even

Just my personal experiences anyway. I’d also highly recommend getting a renogy meter to monitor State of charge.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:14 PM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

No offense to CP, and not to bash on Plowmans, but I'm gonna throw my name in the Eco Battery hat! I've had multiple lithium batteries and BMS and prefer the ease of the single Eco (you can see my choice in my sig). Not saying one is better than the other, just my personal preference.

Now the score is ties 1-1; let's see if a tiebreaker comes in!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:19 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
No offense to CP, and not to bash on Plowmans, but I'm gonna throw my name in the Eco Battery hat! I've had multiple lithium batteries and BMS and prefer the ease of the single Eco (you can see my choice in my sig). Not saying one is better than the other, just my personal preference.

Now the score is ties 1-1; let's see if a tiebreaker comes in!!
I’m offended

Now I’ll go cry in the corner and wait for augiedoggy to come tell us all that all drop in’s suck and the only right choice is to build your own

(Just playing augie)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:00 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I just helped a friend install an ECO 105Ah Battery in his EzGo RXV. The kit quality was great. The install was lengthly - took us almost 5 hours. There is no good guide to doing everything you have to do on am RXV. The battery install was easy. The hardware included was correct for his model of RXV (there are three options based on what model you have) Some of the wires going to the Battery Negative were too short - I had to lengthen one. It came with a nice onboard charger and a plastic port to replace the stock charge port. That install was also easy - but you need the right Torks bit to remove the bolts. We first powered up the battery with the meter just connected and sitting in the back. Cart did not run. Lights and horn worked. I reasoned that the only thing different was the removed charge port had a sense wire on it which it turns out tells the controller not to run if the charger is plugged in. Removing the port disabled the controller. I was afraid to guess what to do that wire so I just hooked the old charge port back up to the battery and then the cart ran fine.
Then the fun began: Installing the SOC meter in the dash and running the cable back to the battery. This required major disassembly of the dash and side skirts to get the gauge installed and the cable run under the floor mat. That took most of the time since I had never taken an RXV apart before. :-( Once we were done, everything worked perfectly and he's a happy camper.
I looked online and even emailed ECO support to verify what to do with the sense wire. It turns out you have to connect it to battery Positive to get the cart to run without the charge port. ECO support got back to me very quickly and verified that was what we should do.
Overall, I really like the ECO kit quality. Given that they tailor it to specific models of cart, it would be nice if they included a few tips like what to do with the charge port.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:12 PM   #6
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I am running 2 Big Battery Eagles in a TXT with a Navitas 600amp controller and a plum quick motor. I only seem to pull 360amp max thru the system which is fine and I feel no cut out at all if there is any. I might consider 1 more battery to lift the wheels Range is 30+ and I am not touring. I guess I should update my profile/sig
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:15 PM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I think the eco 105 is a solid battery actually. The multiple smaller 36 or 48v parallel allied setup seems to work fine too I'm just not keen on multiple bms systems or the 60ah max continuous output of each 30ah battery is a 2 battery setup.. The 105ah allied has good output and can easily be maintained if you have an issue with one of the cells or the bms unlike some of the cheaper glued plastic batteries. any of these would be better than multiple 12v batteries in a series.

As mentioned above I do think DIY is a good option for many reasons IF its something a person can and wants to do.. I get it though that we all come from different walks of life and some of us have more income than others and for some its not worth their time or interest...
In my case I dont even have $2700 invested in my whole cart lithium battery and all so I wasnt about to put a $2500+ battery in a 30 year old $700 cart. Plus I have a 575amp capable controller and I would like to leave it turned up as much as I can, especially if I upgrade the motor. so I built a custom pack that can output 270amps continuous and 500amps for a couple minutes.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:42 AM   #8
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lithium battery questions/choice

Ok so it seems Allied work fine, and ECO 100amp/hr may be better. Does anyone use the 72 amp/hr Eco one as they are comparable in price to two Allies?

Also will the Summit2 (29700) charge these batteries? If I have to get another charger I may stick with T875s.

Thanks!
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 07:55 AM   #9
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
Ok so it seems Allied work fine, and ECO 100amp/hr may be better. Does anyone use the 72 amp/hr Eco one as they are comparable in price to two Allies?

Also will the) charge these batteries? If I have to get another charger I may stick with T875s.

Thanks!
The charger would work but you need to install a bluetooth app to reconfigure (select the correct charging profile) the charger for lifepo4 batteries... What charger did you use with your old extreme team battery? that should work..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:20 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm using the Eco 51v 72ah in my modified TXT48. The 72ah yields more run time than 6/8v LA batteries and max amp draw (MAD) is 300 amps. Has worked without a hitch since the easy installation which took less than 1 hour with battery tray clean up and painting.
Running an UNO 90ah in another TXT48 cart (big tires, big motor, big control) and it's running good as well. Both single battery set ups are simple and easy to install.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car