lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default winter

i posted this in electric carts but no response so mybe ill try here im new to electric carts just wanted to no what i need to do if i store this cart in the winter. do i need to unhook anything? it will be in a heated garage all winter. but i may need to drive it out of the garage mybe ones a week if i need the room to work on some thing. so i would hate to have to unhook a bunch of batteries do i charge it ones an a wile in the winter? also the guy i bought it from said only plug it in the wall plugin not to and extension cord? thanks for any info. oh this is a cushman electric
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: winter

Not sure about the cushman, but I would treat it kinda like a motorcycle. My plan (and I am new to carts) is to keep it all connected together. I am going to plug mine in about once every week or two.

On my motorcycle I would keep her on a trickle charger, keep the battery right at charge. Since my golf cart charger doesnt do that I am going to check gravity, then charge every now and then (power her up and look at charge indicator). No need to really disconnect everything I would think as there is nothing to really draw power/burn out just from being hooked up.

Ron
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thanks citrix did you get your dash yet?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Nope. Dash is inbound, should be in today or tomorrow. Along with the black rocker covers and rocker trim....

New photos once they get here!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

dash is in - see other thread.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

awsome
Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
rdnktrkr
Getting Wild

I would look into a heavy duty extension cord or make one, I would only make it as long as needed, there is a voltage/amperage drop with length. I made one that uses 8 guage wire, that is bigger than the wire going to your receptacle. I've also made a short one to run 220v for my welder.
rdnktrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha