lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
dawned
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery Question

I was wondering if anyone has any input on batteries called Energizers. I was recently at the local SAM'S CLUB and found that they were selling this brand for 72.00 each (6volt). I will be purchasing 6 batteries in the spring and don't want to waste alot of money. Hopefully these are comparable to a decent battery for the price.
dawned is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Question

Not sure about that brand, I know there have been a couple posts about them. I would recommend going with the Trojans, they cost more but well worth it in the long run, you will not be disappointed. Maybe a couple more of the guys will chime in later.

Mark
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

With batteries it is all about the quantity of lead.... the cases are all about the same... More lead equals more amp storage capacity. This equals longer run times. But any new set of batteries will work. If optimum run time is not a factor go with a lighter battery. Even with a Trojan they have different models with different storage capacities!
The important thing is the you follow proper install and break-in proceedures... and continue on with proper use and maintenance...... that makes as much if not more difference than what brand of battery you purchase. HOPE THIS HELPS!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

They will do you quite well. Batteries are mostly lead. Check the weight of the battery and compare it to the Trojan. They may not last quite as long as the Trojan but that is not a given. They almost surely will have a lower cost per year of life. If there was a Sam's Club here I would have bought them when I replaced mine. They only have to last about 60% as long as Trojan to be equal cost.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think the difference is learning to live with reduced performance and run time from smaller lead quantities..... If you live in the flatlands then yeah cheap batteries will work okay. but if you live in the hills then you are going to see a decline in overall performance.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I have the Energizers in both of my carts and they perform perfectly. However, guys around here may say I'm a bit anal about my battery care.

And, they would be correct.

If you aren't going to maintain them correctly don't spend the extra money on Trojans.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=gornoman;329132]I have the Energizers in both of my carts and they perform perfectly. However, guys around here may say I'm a bit anal about my battery care.

And, they would be correct.

If you aren't going to maintain them correctly don't spend the extra money on Trojans.[/QUOTE]

Exactly And yes, you should get the maximum use and performance out of your batteries Gman Is that a spec of dirt I see ? .......
Old 12-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
dawned
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys I knew you would have all the answers for me. This site rocks and I am glad to have found you.
dawned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
3RCARTEXPERT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here in our shop I have personally seen how poorly the Energizer batteries perform. Most customers of ours will use them for 3 years at the most before replacing with poor run-time as well. The main problem with the Energizer batteries is they sit on the shelf for such long periods of time before they are sold at the Wal-Mart outlets. The supply chain for these batteries will take 9 to 12 months to get to the store after they are produced. This is extremely bad for batteries. They also smaller plates and less lead. Go with the Trojans or Crown batteries are excellent as well.
3RCARTEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RCARTEXPERT View Post
The supply chain for these batteries will take 9 to 12 months to get to the store after they are produced. This is extremely bad for batteries. They also smaller plates and less lead.
I was just a Sam's yesterday and the batteries were all 12/09 batteries.
The weight of the Energizer GC-2's is 63 lbs, the T-105's weigh 62 lbs.
At 40% less cost, I would have a hard time justifying the Trojan hype.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO