lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
toddman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default grounding accessories

After hours of research, and a few beers. I still have a question about grounding accessories. I just purchased a 36-48vdc to 12vdc reducer,25 amp. My plan is to go from the reducer to a fuse box. (I am looking at a blue sea fuse box that has a ground on it.) My thought is to run all the accessory grounds to that fuse box. I am going to make a metal bracket to attach the fuse box to. My question is "Will this work, since the fuse box is attached to the bracket which is attached to the frame?" And from what I've read, your not suppose to ground anything to the frame.
toddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: grounding accessories

It would be better to hook your grounds to the neg of a battery, but not in contact with the frame. If you hook your neg to the frame then it could cause some weird problems/readings. If you can isolate your ground on the bar then you would be ok.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
BayouTiger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a similar set up. A reducer to a Blue sea fuse block. When you mount the fuse block with a metal bracket it is isolated or insulated so it will not ground to the frame.
BayouTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

"Grounding" is a bad term. It is used where there is voltage potential from "Hot" / "+" / "Power" to earth ground or a frame ground. There is no "Ground" on an electric cart, there is Positive and Negative (Negative is not the same a ground). Consider any ground as going back to a Negative (which one depends on the voltage needed and the Positive used). Also be aware that the fuse and go in either side or both.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardket View Post
"Grounding" is a bad term. It is used where there is voltage potential from "Hot" / "+" / "Power" to earth ground or a frame ground. There is no "Ground" on an electric cart, there is Positive and Negative (Negative is not the same a ground). Consider any ground as going back to a Negative (which one depends on the voltage needed and the Positive used). Also be aware that the fuse and go in either side or both.
The correct term is "return" for the battery negative......
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
toddman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help! I am another newbie, learning something new every day. Rebuilding my cart has turned into a passion. On to my next task, my disk brakes arrived today.
toddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO