lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
tfsherry
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1994 or 95 Marathon, Was running poorly now not running

Hello,

1st time poster, 1st time Gas Cart owner.

I bought a 1994 or 1995 Marathon (just a guess based on the voltage regulator and the look of the front end). Not 100% because someone seems to have removed the ID plate.

This cart went from running okay to bad to very bad in a matter of weeks. After reading up on some of the causes of sluggish behavior, I decided to clean the carb. I watched a youtube and did the whole breakdown as the guy did in the video. Not much dirt in the bowl so I cleaned what was in the bowl and sprayed a liberal amount of carburetor cleaner through it. After reassembly, I tried to turn it over in neutral and I just hear the started with no kick over (win-win-win-win). When I spray some carburetor cleaner directly into it, it kicks over like a start but then it goes back to win-win-win-win of just the started motor.

In the video the guy tests the fuel pump by feeding it back into the gas tank and using the starter motor to see how much gas flow there is. He doesn't show it on camera so I have no idea how much there's supposed to be but mine is just a bit more than dripping (small stream). Thanks for your attention!
tfsherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1995.ezgo, marathon gas, not running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO