lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2016, 07:38 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCX or XCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsmith521 View Post
Just started thinking more about my question of converting DCS to PDS...

With my little knowledge of golf carts...I think it's a lot of changes... More than just plugging in speed sensor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Like Scotty said, it is doable, but a lot of work and expense.

The devil is in the details.

If the XCT-DCS controller had a jack for a speed sensor input, it would more or less be just a matter of getting a motor with a speed sensor and plugging it in, but from what I can tell, the XCT-DCS doesn't have a speed sensor jack. That means the XCT-DCS controller would have to be replaced with a XCT-PDS controller, which in turn means the control wiring harness would have to be replaced, along with the F/R switch type since the F/R logic is different in DCS and PDS carts.

I wonder if Alltrax ever considered somebody putting an aftermarket motor with a speed senor in a DCS cart and there is a XCT-DCS controller with a speed sensor input lurking on a drawing board in their files.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2016, 06:35 PM   #22
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty
Why do you want a DCS cart ????
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I like them. More speed than series and more torque than PDS. Poor misunderstood DCS was just a stepping stone in Ezgo's production timeline.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 PM   #24
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Umm the dcs drive system was biggest piece of crap ezgo ever built.
When I was working for ezgo I would carry at least 10 of the dcs controllers on the service truck at all times.
And the foward / reverse microw switches failed a lot also.

partsforecarts
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-doo583 View Post
Umm the dcs drive system was biggest piece of crap ezgo ever built.
When I was working for ezgo I would carry at least 10 of the dcs controllers on the service truck at all times.
And the foward / reverse microw switches failed a lot also.

partsforecarts
Right the OEM DCS control had a built in fatal flaw. The OEM curtis DCS control had no low voltage protection. When the cart go too low on voltage. ( below 28v or so) the motor would draw additional amperage because we all know Volts plus amps = power. Less volts? --- just add more amps...... well we also know more amps = more heat..... and too much amps = kapooie. and that is why you needed to carry 10 replacements. Too bad you never carried the Alltrax DCX with low voltage shut off. The DCX increased torque by 35% and top speed was 20 mph with (u guessed it) no low voltage damage!
You manufacture guys should have looked outside the box. Alltrax produced the solution in the year 2000. And the rest of us have been enjoying it for 15 years while you are still cursing the Curtis control.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #26
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Right the OEM DCS control had a built in fatal flaw. The OEM curtis DCS control had no low voltage protection. When the cart go too low on voltage. ( below 28v or so) the motor would draw additional amperage because we all know Volts plus amps = power. Less volts? --- just add more amps...... well we also know more amps = more heat..... and too much amps = kapooie. and that is why you needed to carry 10 replacements. Too bad you never carried the Alltrax DCX with low voltage shut off. The DCX increased torque by 35% and top speed was 20 mph with (u guessed it) no low voltage damage!
You manufacture guys should have looked outside the box. Alltrax produced the solution in the year 2000. And the rest of us have been enjoying it for 15 years while you are still cursing the Curtis control.

Right, but we had to use factory oem parts.

Now that I have my own business
When ever I get a dcs cart in for a failed controller I always strongly recommend to the costumer the alltrax controller
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:51 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-doo583 View Post
Right, but we had to use factory oem parts.

Now that I have my own business
When ever I get a dcs cart in for a failed controller I always strongly recommend to the costumer the alltrax controller
Never too late to learn.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO