lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2018, 05:47 AM   #1
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Rhox vs Madjax clays basket?

Getting ready to order a basket but have read here how cheesy the mounting is for the club cars and how they flop around? The Rhox looks like it has a stronger bracket but I wonder about no support under the mesh bottom. A flat of shells weigh about 30lbs and I can see that the bottom of the basket could get bowed or sag?
The Madjax looks to be stronger made, but has the two brackets that just lay down the front cowl. Does anyone have any experience with either one?
Obviously, grizzly metals is as beefy as they come but I’m not ready to take that route yet!
Thanks!
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2018, 06:32 AM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Rhox vs Madjax clays basket?

Here's a question for you?
I will be doing my first sporting clays tournament, on May 9th, entry fee is $175 per person. My daughter and I plan to attend, my daughter is like Anni Oakly, crack shot. I am only so so. My daughter shoots a Remington 1100 competition, while I shoot a Berreta A400.
This is our first competition, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
We are taking a training course before the meet.
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:18 AM   #3
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don’t miss!
Really just keep your head on the stock, eye on the bird, don’t stop the gun swing and have a ton of fun! Being that I shoot trap, I can’t shoot sporting clays without starting with a mounted gun. But if you’ve shot live birds before, it’ll be easier for you. I love sporting clays, just don’t do it very often.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Zing the basket on the front of one of my carts is part of the cage we built around the cart and I bet I could stand in it

As for your case even if you did get one that was a little flimsy you could put a sheet of 1/4 plywood or plastic covering the bottom and that should be able to spread out the load.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
Searat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what did you decide to go with.
Searat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #6
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Went with the rhox because it attached to the windshield/frame support. I did cut a rubber pad between bracket and body so I didn’t scratch new paint. The only thing I still am going to do is get a bar clamp and attach to push bar up to basket for more support. Just to help support it more
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car