lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2018, 11:29 AM   #11
karly
Getting Wild

Default Re: tech contactor

ok thx again,, its strange key on and no solenoid click with 51 volts on both small wires but check for ohms across small terminals and get 50s in ohms which says good plug small wires back in and jump with single 24 volt wire and it works,, thought about selling him the parcar i have but don,t have the heart to do that to him,, thx one more time
karly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #12
karly
Getting Wild

well i tryed,, still confusing i check voltage thru small terminals with key on with battery pack as ground get 51 volts on both coil connectors but contactor won,t close,, unplug 2 small wires and jump with 24 volts and it closes,, as far as plugin i have cleaned and wiggled until my neighbor is eyeing my behind,, think you said leesburg can check controller so may suggest taking controller off and he can have them check it
Old 07-30-2018, 08:06 PM   #13
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

You get the 51 on both sides of the coil because the controller is not dropping the voltage on it's side to 24 volts (which would create the 24v potential the coil needs).

This is either a motor issue or a controller issue.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #14
karly
Getting Wild

well he got a solenoid off another cart same thing does not engage,,why if there is 51 volts on each side of coil doesn,t it engage or click , can bench test and they work,,,, tryed other controllers i got from friend same part # one is 3 flash one is 4 flash not expert but don,t think its controller, its starting to get personal just posting this so maybe it might help someone else with like prob,s
Old 07-31-2018, 10:11 AM   #15
karly
Getting Wild

just to add a little mo info yes i tested motor jump f1 f2 a1 a2 used 12 volts motor runs fine
Old 07-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #16
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

I understand the getting personal and determined thing. If you have a controller you want to send me to test, I can hook up on a test bench and see if it works and if there's an error code.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #17
karly
Getting Wild

if i sent one could you program if good?
Old 07-31-2018, 09:46 PM   #18
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Sure can. I'm curious on this one too.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #19
karly
Getting Wild

ok i can,t tell you why but was in controller i think controller was sending current or signal somehow to contactor all the time,, i guess controller was fooling its self thinking it was already moving or something,, or maybe i moved the right wire,, remember the screwy readings i sent about contactor, i don,t have them now i put another controller on and cart runs with steady light on controller but its not programmed for this cart goes really slow so still need programing,, a quick question if i have spec,s for cart gear ratio tire size no speed sensor 48 volt 2006 P4 can it be programmed without having ser # ??
Old 08-02-2018, 07:09 AM   #20
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Sure can.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar