lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #51
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: My 98 DS resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazylegs View Post
Do the seats get a bit hot in the GA heat?
I'm heading for Florida in October for the winter, I imagine the seats being a little warm for there also. Otherwise it would make me a good cart for down there.
If they're in direct sun and mid-summer, absolutely yes! But that is with any color seats, the black really doesnt affect that. The white seats on this before I covered them in black would still scorch your butt if left in the sun. I've had lots of colors and they all equally become the temperature of molten lava after about 14 seconds

Really thougb, with a roof it's not bad. You learn to park under a tree or pointed in the direction the roof shades the seat and it's no problem at all. Summer is the worst. Wintertime is no issue at all.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #52
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
No way! You’re an expert at this stuff. I wouldn’t have done any work on gas carts (maybe that’s good[emoji849]) if I hadn’t met you.
Appreciate the kind words, but I'm a hobbyist, not an expert by any means. Most of what I know is because I've been working on pretty much anything with a motor for a long time. But... I usually learn by doing the wrong things so I know what NOT to do the next time. Now THAT I am a certified expert at
Old 08-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #53
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Looks great CP241. Thanks for sharing
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:31 PM   #54
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Been driving the hell out of this thing, still doing great. Was having some carb issues causing the fuel pump to not work after driving extended distances, but that all seems to be resolved.

The more I drive this thing the more I like it lol. My original plan was to build it, make sure it's right, and sell it and give it a new home. But the more I drive it, seriously considering selling my carryall and further building this one. Thinking stiffen the suspension, HS gears and getting it over 40mph might be fun! I'm still planning to move halfway across the country in ~6 months so theyll both have to sell eventually but in the meantime they're both a hoot. Complete different personalities between the carryall being strong, and huge. And the DS being nimble, comfortable and fast. It will still cruise a solid 24-25mph all day long and HS gears are very tempting... they're not that expensive, I have a press, and this FE350 has plenty of power to turn them!

One has to go. So I will let fate decide, I've got both listed for sale. Whichever sells I'm more than happy keeping the other. I still love my carryall but the temptation to make this DS a rocketship is hard to ignore
Old 08-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #55
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Keep both! Just kidding. But making it fast might be pretty fun...
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #56
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yeah... I really like both of them. I've always loved the Carryall and it's definitely the most useful thing I own! Plus with all the work i've put into it, i've become quite attached, sort of like you with your sun classic. ultimately they'll both have to go, but until we do move I can't go completely without a cart. We use them too much! And it's a hassle having to get in the car and drive all the way down to the mailbox to meet the mail lady every time we get a package because they won't come to the house. And we order a LOT from Amazon and eBay because there' nothing around here that has anything... That and carrying trash cans down to the street are 90% of the use with occasional projects or joy rides. I doubt I've got more than 100 hours on the carryall since I rebuilt the motor after I got it from you. And the motor in the DS is in far too good of condition to have more than a couple hundred hours on it at the most... and I really doubt it has that much. I looked at it pretty close before I installed it. no staining inside the motor at all, it looks brand new. Just getting dusty and dirty now because we never drive on pavement lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car