lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Nissan Leaf Gen 1 a better value than Gen 2?

I need to make a battery decision for my project in the next week or so. Old Club Car with 36V series motor (no REGEN). I have no charger, no cores, no wiring to speak of. I have already ordered Alltrax 500A SR, 400A solenoid with intention of 6 FLA 8V batteries. Then I start reading around on here. Still going through Sergio's very long thread.

Nissan Leaf battery modules are awesome right?

Today, I could order Nissan Leaf Gen 1 modules for about $50 each. Seller claims 60% capacity. Gen 2 modules are $80 a piece and same seller claims 70% capacity. My FLA budget was $950 (we won't tell the wife about BMS just yet). Seems to me the GEN 1's are 14% less capacity, but 37% cheaper. How terrible a mistake would I be making going with the Gen 1's?
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Nissan Leaf Gen 1 a better value than Gen 2?

No opinions? Having totaled everything up, the G1/G2 savings isn't a significant impact to the budget. Probably going to G2.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:44 PM   #3
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

I'm also looking at a conversion. Where are you sourcing your batteries? Are you planning on the ZEVA bms? From what I have read the G2 batteries perform better in extreme climates.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:27 AM   #4
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbop View Post
I'm also looking at a conversion. Where are you sourcing your batteries? Are you planning on the ZEVA bms? From what I have read the G2 batteries perform better in extreme climates.
I ordered them from Tech Direct Club. The prices were better off their ebay store. There are cheaper ones with an extra bracket on them if you don't mind more fiddling with mounting and busbars. Other bits I ordered directly from them. 2" Busbars are low in stock so they jacked the price WAY up. I ordered 2 sets of 8" busbars instead to cut up and re-drill.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Leaf...QAAOSwJ~hdk4XL

BMS is the cheap Chinese one, isolating it with relays. 6 week delivery wait. I am copying Sergio's build:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160302
Old 07-28-2020, 07:16 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

For the money, and the capacity claims, I'd go with the G2's.

FWIW, my build is G1's and they do the job just fine. OTOH, my original build was almost 2 years ago.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium