lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #1
JAX_YF
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent LED Light Kit Madjax vs RHOX

I currently have a LED GTW light kit that is junk, it is only a year or so old and half of the front driving LEDs have gone out, the left rear brake light is cracked and falling apart, the daytime low beams do not operate independently on the steering column switch. Needless to say I will not be replacing with another GTW kit.

I wanted to get the wise opinion of the internet on what other quality kits are out there. Currently I am looking at the Madjax ultimate plus 02-044 and the RHOX Street Legal LGT-306. I am open to suggestions if there is something better.

Thanks
H
2012 CC Precedent 6" lift
JAX_YF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2021, 11:42 PM   #2
texasflyer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent LED Light Kit Madjax vs RHOX

I recently installed the Madjax 02-045 on my 2011 CC Precedent, which I believe is the same as the 02-044 with a different headlight assembly/lens, but the rest of the components are the same. First off, the directions that come with the kit are terrible. It looks like they’ve updated the wiring harnesses in the kit, but not the instructions, which makes the instructions really confusing. You’re almost better off throwing the instructions in the trash and just using common sense. I also added fog lights and a light bar that connected to the accessory switches and I tapped into the turn signals for my side mirrors with built in blinkers. There are no wiring diagrams, even on Nivel’s website, for this kit so again you’ll need to use your own common sense if you want to add onto the light kit. I also had an issue with the brake light not working and had to wait for Madjax/Nivel to send me a whole other control box. Once all the wiring is figured out, I actually do like the kit. I like the functionality of it and the way it integrates all the controls in the turn signal box so my dash isn’t cluttered with a ton of switches. I can’t speak to how long it will last since I just installed it. Hope this helps.

By the way, GTW and Madjax are both under the Nivel Group umbrella and a lot of people say Madjax and GTW are Chinese junk. Then again, Jake’s is also under Nivel and everyone seems to love Jake’s so do what you want with that information.
texasflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:58 PM   #3
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent LED Light Kit Madjax vs RHOX

I have the RHOX lights on my Precedent and have for a couple of years. Never had a problem and, at least when I installed them, they use the same color codes for the factory harness.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car