lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #21
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Removing Drive Clutch

I called them today and they said the puller was like 48 bucks. What gives?
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #22
agsbill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrollinmopars View Post
TRY LVS sales $17.99

Bill

http://www.lvssales.com/store/produc...&cat=79&page=1
agsbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

cart parts has 2 different pricing levels...............i was also gonna mention lvssales its easier for the average person to buy from and while some people don,t like dealing with them some of their prices for OEM parts can,t be touched by anyone else..............if you can,t get one let me know if i ride up camp i,ll grab it and mail it to you and when your done just return it............if you break it send me a new one but i have never seen one break............................................. ......
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #24
timbo2
Getting Wild

Take The Bolt Out And Pump The Bolt Hole Full Of Grease Then Put The Clutch Puller In And Hit It A Few Times With A Impact Wrench And It Will Come Right Off
timbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
handyrob1973
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrollinmopars View Post
i am new to this stie, i have a 83 ez go gas cart lifted look at my pictures. and i have a couple of questions. this is my first golf cart and i am having problems getting the clutch off to. do i have to take the motor out? because it will not slide past the back axle. i will take some pics of it tommorow and post them on here.and also does anyone have a used one that they would like to sell. thanks
handyrob1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #26
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm just starting to tackle the removal of the Drive Clutch. It seemed earlier in this thread that ScottyB back-peddled about the "Left Handed Threads" controversy, but according to the red ring on my '01 CC DS, he was 100% correct....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch.jpg (21.7 KB, 46 views)
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #27
jjlotto
Not Yet Wild

hi can you tell me the size of the puller bolt please
jjlotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #28
turbotbirds
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
LEFT HAND THREADS !!!
Bolt holding the drive clutch on is lefthand thread...Changed mine and did not hold the clutch but used a 1/2" impact...it was kinda stuck on there as it was original 2000 equipment. The puller was threaded right hand...Again I gently used a 3/8 impact. Hope this helps.

I know this thread is really, really old but I was having an issue removing my bolt (it was stuck) and came across this thread. Well I figured I had found the problem since the threads were "left hand", and did not read the entire thread since I though I found the issue.

Well, after stripping the head of the bolt, breaking a ratchet and finally welding a socket to the bolt and re-reading the entire thread I saw that it was later determined the threads are normal and it is lefty loosey and righty tighty! LOL

For future carters, could you remove that post so no one else runs into the same thing! John
turbotbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #29
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I can see where there may be some confusion with which way the drive clutch retaining bolt gets removed,
So... here's a little clarification on Club Car drive clutch retaining bolts!

From 1996 to 1997, Club Car changed the rotation of the engine from counter clockwise... to clockwise!
and the drive clutch retaining bolt threads must be opposite of the engine rotation in order for it to not spin itself loose!

1985 to 1996 (counter clockwise engine rotation) ~ Standard SAE (or right hand) threads.
1997 to the present (clockwise engine rotation) ~ Reverse (or left hand) threads.

So technically, Scottyb was correct with left hand threads on his 2000 CC! and his post will not be removed.

You need to keep in mind of the year of your Club Car in order for you to determine which way your drive clutch retaining bolt will remove!

The drive clutch "Puller" uses a different set of threads, and is standard SAE (right hand) threads on all years.
The driven clutch has a key, and is not pressed on like the drive clutch, so that bolt will also be standard SAE threads for all years.

Hope this helps!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

An easy mistake to make welcome to BGW.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car