lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #21
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Controller Bypass

Under our rules we ran in Pageland is what I'm talking about. I wouldn't be running against your cart in the 72 volt class. You would have been running with the outlaws not 72 volts.
To many tricks can be played on the setups.
A micro here a timer here a extra couple of batteries turn a 72 volt into a 96 volt. To easy to do. So we run singal pack and twin pack seperately. It keeps things honest with no doubts to either driver.
One solenoid put out of sight can change a lot of stuff round in a cart. By the way, on your comment last night about price. What did the xtra set of batteries set you back! I know what one set of 925's cost me!!!
That's one of the biggest reasons I'm still a singal pack and not a twin.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #22
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Default Re: Controller Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Under our rules we ran in Pageland is what I'm talking about. I wouldn't be running against your cart in the 72 volt class. You would have been running with the outlaws not 72 volts.
To many tricks can be played on the setups.

You are gonna have to explain to me why my 72 volt cart, could not run in the 72 volt cart class. Did you miss the part in my last post about "every electric vehicle racing organization in the world" classes vehicles by voltage, not amps?

A micro here a timer here a extra couple of batteries turn a 72 volt into a 96 volt. To easy to do. So we run singal pack and twin pack seperately. It keeps things honest with no doubts to either driver.
One solenoid put out of sight can change a lot of stuff round in a cart.

What you are describing here is "cheating". Is there a problem with cheating in this sport that I am not aware of?

By the way, on your comment last night about price. What did the xtra set of batteries set you back! I know what one set of 925's cost me!!!
That's one of the biggest reasons I'm still a singal pack and not a twin.
I am an Odyssey dealer so I get dealer cost. My cost is about the same as Robbies from what I have read.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #23
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:
What you are describing here is "cheating". Is there a problem with cheating in this sport that I am not aware of?
I have no idea if anyone is cheating. I'm saying to be on a level field you and I wouldn't run together.

that's the point of not having singals and twins racing together. It's to hard to prove someone does or doesn't. If your all on the same level then there isn't a question. I have never seen any race yet that I have been to go over to any cart and inspect it for amount of juice it has or can have.
Just like Jim I think is his name not sure, had his 72 volt/48 volt cart last August in Pageland. He could flip a switch as I can now with the monster cart and run either or. Well how would you prove he did or didn't. So he could only run 72 volts.
Keep it simple and honest up front for everyone.
If you want to run twins then fine. You will run either with other twins or if you were to come to Pageland with the outlaws. Maybe unlimited class.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #24
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
I have no idea if anyone is cheating. I'm saying to be on a level field you and I wouldn't run together.

that's the point of not having singals and twins racing together. It's to hard to prove someone does or doesn't. If your all on the same level then there isn't a question. I have never seen any race yet that I have been to go over to any cart and inspect it for amount of juice it has or can have.
Just like Jim I think is his name not sure, had his 72 volt/48 volt cart last August in Pageland. He could flip a switch as I can now with the monster cart and run either or. Well how would you prove he did or didn't. So he could only run 72 volts.
Keep it simple and honest up front for everyone.
If you want to run twins then fine. You will run either with other twins or if you were to come to Pageland with the outlaws. Maybe unlimited class.

Why would anyone run a 72 volt cart against outlaw carts running higher voltage? That dont make sense to me. The object is to win in your given voltage class. Of course you cant switch voltage half way down the track, that would be stupid and would be cheating. It would also prove nothing. There is a class for that. But not 48 or 72. Because of limited tech-end procedures at the events so far, there has to be a certain level of trust. Mabye eventually there will be more extensive tech-end procedures put in place but I can tell you this, the only thing they are going to be interested in is what voltage you are holding in the staging lane. They are not going to give a crap about how many batteries you are using.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #25
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:
TDAWG,
They are not going to give a crap about how many batteries you are using.
How many batteries you have is your voltage!
That's what this whole thing is about! To a untrained person the number of batteries is your Voltage. That's why you run seperately. Trust... yes we do.As long as it's apples to apples. Singal to singal or twin to twin!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
How many batteries you have is your voltage!

Come on Andy. You know better than that dont you? The number of batteries does not determine your voltage. Your voltage is determined on how you have your pack wired.

That's what this whole thing is about! To a untrained person the number of batteries is your Voltage. That's why you run seperately. Trust... yes we do.As long as it's apples to apples. Singal to singal or twin to twin!
Dont sound like trust to me. You keep saying apples to apples so let me ask a question. Lets just say that someone was running a cart with 6 twelve volt batteries in series to equal 72 volts. But,,,, there are not PC-925's. Is that apples to apples to you, or do they have to run the exact same battery to be considered apples to apples?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Controller Bypass

You are missing the whole point Tdawg. Apples to apples means exactly the same. In this case 72 volts one pack. One 12 volt battery is one 12 volt battery. The amps may differ but the battery is 12 volts with one set amount of amps! If you can afford a 12 volt battery with a million amps then go for it. But don't put 2-12 volts together in a stock class and say it's the same thing. It's not, you know and I know it so what are you proving by this. ???

72 volts 2 packes equal's a lot more amps. You are using 2-12 volts that double the amperage as you stated. That's pretty simply to figure out that it doesn't belong in a stock 72 volt cart Class!

Just as in a 36 or 48 volt cart in stock class has only 6 batteries or 8 if they are 6 volts but one battery with one set amp rating! It's simple.

STAFF ADD: This threads not going to magically open.
Closed Thread

Tags
bypass
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing