lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
BowHuntinFever
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 Precedent help

I just purchased a 2006 Precedent for cheap. It's in excellent shape but had no batteries or motor and someone also cut the main wiring harness in half and is gone also.
I have a brand new motor, 400amp controller, hd solenoid and #2 batt cables that I had stored away that were for a 2008 DS model I have.
My question is....I want to use this stuff on this 06 Precedent. I need a new wire harness, where can I get one? What OBC do I need to get? It had 4-12v, but I'm going with 6-8v batts. Any other info or parts I may need?
Any help in this matter is appreciated!
Thanks
BowHuntinFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent help

One thing, if you don't have an OBC I would go with a DPI charger and skip that part.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
BowHuntinFever
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
One thing, if you don't have an OBC I would go with a DPI charger and skip that part.
I already have one for my 08'DS I could use in the meantime I guess. I also have a PowerDrive 3 that I don't use anymore and was thinking I could use it for the precedent. I was wanting to fix the cart up and sell it.
Does anyone know where to get the kit for the 6-8v conversion. I thought I came acrossed it somewhere on this site but can't seem to find it??? Doesn't it come with everything, including complete wire harness, OBC and other stuff?
I just need to know if my DS stuff will work on this precedent with the wire harness for the PE0612-***** model. DS is AQ0848-*****.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
Tenacious T
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was told by a dealer that kit was over $ 2100. bucks alone !
Tenacious T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
BowHuntinFever
Getting Wild
Club Car

I just ordered it from golfcartpartsdirect.com for $605.10. It consisted of both part number kits in another post that I made. I figured the CC dealer would be much higher with what I been hearing and reading. Thanks all for the input.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I should have warned you about them earlier. To make a long story short, I ordered some hold downs from them in July. After a huge run-around, I finally got them a few weeks ago. They were backordered and didn't want to tell me. And here is the shocking part, they mark up their prices. Even though they are an Auth. CC dealer, they mark up CC's prices and they shouldn't. No Auth. CC dealer should. I've been contemplating whether of not to call Club Car directly and let them know about that
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
BowHuntinFever
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's not what I wanted to hear
I hope I don't run into that situation. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #8
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I had ordered from them before and was impressed. Then I went through the most recent situation. What irritates me the most is how they mark up CCs prices
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you wanted to do the conversion free, search for it on this site, many have done it including myself. It is pretty easy, and doesn't cost a thing. Batteries fit in there perfectly and you wouldn't be able to tell unless you took all of the batteries out, then you can see the cuts you have made. This would save you some money I would guess.
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #10
BowHuntinFever
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
If you wanted to do the conversion free, search for it on this site, many have done it including myself. It is pretty easy, and doesn't cost a thing. Batteries fit in there perfectly and you wouldn't be able to tell unless you took all of the batteries out, then you can see the cuts you have made. This would save you some money I would guess.
If you read what I posted in beginning, I need a wire harness and OBC anyway. That's part of the reason for the kit. I want it all professional looking cause I'm going to sell it when I get done. I don't mind spending a little here and there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car