lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #11
erkme73
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad boy buggy problem shifting out of 4 wheel drive

Manual sent to last poster via arrangement thru PM.

I should have come back here to provide an update.. Sorry for the TL:DR...

Having regained some confidence in what was causing the buggy to go nuts, I trucked it up to TN for 3 weeks of fun with the family on some property we own up there. Any trails we road we avoided any signs of moisture. All seemed to be going reasonably well until about the 10th day.

Coming down a rather steep hill in 2WD gas mode, we up to about 20MPH. I had the regeneration on high, and was using that as a way to keep the speed from increasing. Suddenly the rear end seemed to disengage from the engine (the engine RPM dropped to idle and the speed started to increase). The direction indicator still showed "F", but clearly it had hopped out of gear.

I stopped, switched to neutral, then back into drive. It made a ratcheting sound. I turned off the engine, and repeated the neutral to forward switch. After several attempts, the transmission finally engaged. We resumed out excursion.

The next day, as I moved it no more than 50' in electric-only mode, the rear end suddenly locked up with a loud crunch sound. Looking under the differential revealed oil, and a quarter-sized hole right next to the fill plug. End of the road for the buggy.

I brought it back home to FL, and began making calls. The dealer that worked on it for SIX MONTHS when I first bought the unit, has since canceled the contract with BBB. The two other closest dealerships also no longer sell or service BBB.

I began reaching out to BBB directly again. The warranty guy in GA that I was dealing with forwarded me an internal email showing that they were discussing my buggy, and what I should do. Having had NO traction with that specific guy, I started emailing the people in the email chain that he'd forwarded to me.

I hit pay dirt with one of them. The regional corporate sales manager for BBB in FL took interest, and reached out to me. He explained why dealers were so incompetent and flighty. He said that his number one dealership in FL - the one all other dealers send their technicians to to get trained - wanted to work on it. With that, the manager (who lives in the same zip code as me - go figure) came by and personally picked up the buggy with a trailer and towed it to the dealership in Orlando. It's been there for about 3 weeks.

The technician there has called and emailed me several times to give me updates (the rear-end has been completely removed and a replacement ordered from the factory). It really has begun to instill some hope.

If I don't forget, I will do my best to get update this thread.
erkme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #12
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Be sure to keep a record of those that will actually get something done to help out other members who may require it.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #13
paracefan3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

How are yo making out? I'm still having issues with FWD/RV in gas mode only. Mine would not calibrate either, it gets in the calibration mode but doesnt finish, I've been adjusting it for a few hours, no luck. I think part of the problem is that it will not shift into fwd or rv unless I rock the buggy back and forth.

Frustrated..........
paracefan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #14
erkme73
Not Yet Wild

No news from the dealer. It's been right at a month since my last email with their technician. He said they're waiting on the new rear end and direction selection motor. Until the new parts are in, they can't do anything else with it (even move it), else the senors get screwed up. Sounds overly complicated.

Do you have any remaining warranty? My 12 month factory warranty expired in May, but since the first 6 mo of ownership had the it sitting at an approved (but unqualified/incompetent) dealer, the factory has extended it by another 6 months.

Your post has reminded me to follow up with the current dealer to get a status report. I'll post back what I learn.
erkme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:46 PM   #15
paracefan3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I bought it used, even though it's a 2014 I have no warranty, good luck with yours.
paracefan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #16
Boostin350
Not Yet Wild

I'm having the exact same problem on my 2013, I have had no dealer help at all! The dealers in my area have no training. It's getting ridiculous. Could someone send me the ambush owners manual Please to god!
Boostin350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #17
tklefler
Not Yet Wild

Like the last post, I have the Ambush 2013. I believe the 2013 & 2014 are of different design as I believe mine has different features (no regen switch) than posted earlier. Does anyone have the service manual or know where i can get one? the 2013 seems simple in that the actuator simply moves the gear selector from F to N to R. But not sure how the distance the actuator pushes is controlled. I am guessing the controller does by how long it applies voltage to the actuator motor. Or there is a position sensor on the trans. to indicate position. Maybe it could be this.
Anyway, if someone has any information on how to reset the controller or a manual it would be greatly appreciated.
tklefler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #18
Jmmon416
Not Yet Wild

Looks like this post is aged, but I am looking for manual. I am having issues with my 2014 ambush and need manual to check some things
Jmmon416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #19
Jmmon416
Not Yet Wild

Do you have bad boy ambush service manual ?
Jmmon416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #20
magnum68
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tklefler View Post
Like the last post, I have the Ambush 2013. I believe the 2013 & 2014 are of different design as I believe mine has different features (no regen switch) than posted earlier. Does anyone have the service manual or know where i can get one? the 2013 seems simple in that the actuator simply moves the gear selector from F to N to R. But not sure how the distance the actuator pushes is controlled. I am guessing the controller does by how long it applies voltage to the actuator motor. Or there is a position sensor on the trans. to indicate position. Maybe it could be this.
Anyway, if someone has any information on how to reset the controller or a manual it would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2013 Ambush-

It goes forward in N-R. Technician from BBB cannot solve issue. Approved service cannot solve issue.

I have a 2000 lb paper weight!
magnum68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO