lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2015, 03:20 PM   #21
Gerlitz0915
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 wont start

I put in a new plug and straight gas from a pump. I also kept the oilier hooked up because it is working. It seems to run perfectly fine through about halfway the gas pedal then you give it more and it dies out but still just turns over. Is it not getting enough gas?
Gerlitz0915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #22
Gerlitz0915
Not Yet Wild

And it seems to be shooting quite a bit of moisture out of the exhaust. Its not gas because it doesnt smell. I tired running it without the muffler and it wouldn't even fire. With the muffler it almost runs.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #23
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Where are you located? The moisture from the exhaust is probably moisture from temp changes due to cart setting getting cold then hot. Just like an automobile engine/exhaust does.

As for the running, you say first it doesn't run but just chugs as it's cranking. Now in a post above you say it runs good about half throttle. Hard to figure out anything when given conflicting information.

If it's got good compression and is firing correctly the only other thing missing is fuel. So running or not, I'd do as previously instructed and take a hard look at the fuel intake into the engine. Your either getting too much or too little. Either way, I'd pull the carb and clean it out good paying good attention to the passages, needle and seat and jets.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #24
Gerlitz0915
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
Where are you located? The moisture from the exhaust is probably moisture from temp changes due to cart setting getting cold then hot. Just like an automobile engine/exhaust does.

As for the running, you say first it doesn't run but just chugs as it's cranking. Now in a post above you say it runs good about half throttle. Hard to figure out anything when given conflicting information.

If it's got good compression and is firing correctly the only other thing missing is fuel. So running or not, I'd do as previously instructed and take a hard look at the fuel intake into the engine. Your either getting too much or too little. Either way, I'd pull the carb and clean it out good paying good attention to the passages, needle and seat and jets.
It has been kept inside a heated garage so it dont think it could be from hot/cold. My first post was it just chugging then with fresh fuel and a new plug it now almost starts completely but given full throttle it bogs out.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #25
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'd try pulling the carb and cleaning it first. That will probably do wonders for the running and should fix your problem as long as you don't mess up the bowl gasket. I've always had good luck cleaning mine using spray carb cleaner and compressed air. I also use a set of torch cleaners to make sure all the holes in the jets are clean as well.

As for the moisture, I wouldn't worry about that unless it starts causing problems or gets worse. Once you get it running and run it steady for a bit I bet the moisture in the exhaust problem goes away.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha